Chapter 9

Two months later.

       When waking up, Athens feels off. Her stomach feels fuzzy and she feels like throwing up. It's been two months since she and Caius had...  Yeah. But it isn't possible to be pregnant because vampires can't procreate.

Athens brushes off the fuzzy feeling and goes to her bathroom, wondering which guard is outside her door and if Caius will be in her chambers when she finishes her shower.

Athens starts the hot water in the shower before stripping from the pajamas she chose to wear the previous night. She and Caius have been an official couple for two months, and Athens has never been happier. Caius treats her much better than Edward ever did.

Athens sighs in pleasure once under the steaming water sprouting from the shower head. She loves a good shower  like the next girl, but Athens prefers a nice, steaming hot bath with bubbles that go clear over her head.

Athens finishes up her shower and turns the water off. When she steps out, she finds Caius standing with a towel unfolded. She knew he'd appear before she left her room completely.

"How are you feeling?" Caius asks, knowing Athens has been feeling sick for the last couple months.

"Blah, worse this morning," Athens replies and she feels something move inside of her. "Caius..."

"What's the matter?" Caius asks urgently.

The thing stops moving and Athens is stumped.

"N-nothing now," Athens mutters. "I want to get dressed."

Caius kisses Athens's forehead before he leaves. Athens dries off with the towel and heads back into her room. She puts on a black pencil skirt, a burgundy blouse, and some five inch heels before she straightens her hair that now falls to her mid  back.

When Athens leaves her room, she finds the guard she was hoping for - Demitri. Demitri and Athens share a smile before walking to the kitchen. Peter and Shelby make sure than Athens is fed before Demitri brings her to the supernatural library.

Athens goes to the vampire section Jane had shown her once while Demitri waits by the door. Athen grabs one about miracle pregnancies between a vampire male and human female. She sits at a random table furthest from her guard friend and she opens it to where she wants to read from as thst something from earlier moves once more.

Athens touches her hand to her stomach and closes her eyes as a wave of nausea hits. She runs out of the library and to a bathroom to empty her breakfast.

Meanwhile, Demitri walks over to the table Athens was at and he scans the page when Caius walks in.

"Where's Athens?" Caius asks.

"Bathroom," Demitri replies in a whisper and he gapes at what Athens was reading. "Sir, come and look at this. This is what Athens was reading before she went to the bathroom."

Caius furrows his blonde eyebrows before approaching the table, he sees the pregnancy page and Athens walks in. She freezes when she sees what Caius amd Demitri are looking at.

"Athens," Caius growls as he vamp speeds up to her,  "is there something you're hiding from me?"

"There's been s...something moving inside of me since my shower," Athens replies honestly. "I wanted to research it before I ran it by..."

Caius lets out a vicious growl and Athens cringes. Demitri rushes over and he puts himself in between Caius and his human mate. Caius realices the protective stance in Demitri's posture and his face falls.

"Come with me," Caius demands and he grabs Athens's bicep and he drags her to the elevator.
*****

"Caius," Aro gasps as he sees the vampire dragging his mate into the throne room. "What ever happened!?" 

"Can... um, Can you ready her thoughts?" Caius asks and something moves again, and this time, the Kings see it move across Athens's stomach. "Please?"

Aro flashes over with wide eyes. He extends his hands to Athens. She glances at Caius's hand on her bicep and he releases her, Athens then puts her hand in Aro's.

Aro inhales as he closes his eyes, making it easier for himself to enter Athens's mind. Caius sits in his throne, watching helplessly as Aro tries to figure out what's going on with Athens.

"My!" Aro gasps as his crimson eyes snap open amd he drops Athens's hands. "Oh, my. This can't be..."

"Aro, what is it?" Caius asks.

"She's... no." The king shakes his head, trying reassure himself. "This isn't possible... It just... it just isn't."

"Brother," Marcus says in his usual voice, just a slight worried edge to it, "what is wrong with Athens? A future queen."

"She's pregnant," Aro whispers as he looks into Athens's eyes, her brown eyes are filled with fear. "With Caius's baby."

Marcus's eyes fill with one single emotion. Shock. Caius growls and he flashes over to Athens and he grabs her by the throat and he traps her on the stone floors.

"You slept with another! A human or a moon man!" He yells.

Athens gasps for air, unable to get a reply out because she cannot breath. Caius is strangling her.

Marcus growls lowly and he flashes over, knocking Caius off of the human and he helps her stand.

"The full moon isn't until tonight, brother," Marcus says in a stern voice, a voice no one has heard since before Didyme died. "She has been with only you."

Caius looks at Athens, who is now standing behind Demitri. Demitri looks worried about Athens. He read that is supposed to be pretty much impossible for a human to fall pregnant by a vampire. No one knows how this will work. No one knows what will happen when Athens has the baby.

"You're pregnant," Caius says in a low voice as he stares at a terrified Athens.

"What!?" Sulpician gasps as she flashes in. "She needs to be off her feet then!"

The doors open and Heidi enters with a metal tray.  The kings hurry to their thrones. Suplica stands behind her husband and Athens stands behind Caius. Heidi has been granted permission to enter without knocking. She's trusted more than Chelsea was.

She walks forward and hands Aro two pieces of paper. Aro hands one to Athens.

"It's happening," Aro tells his brothers as he looks at the wedding invitation.

🔱
Isabella Marie Swan
And
Edward Anthony Masen Cullen

Together with their families
      Request the honor of your presence
At the celebration of their marriage

Saturday, the thirteenth of August
2011
5:00pm

420 Woodcroft Ave
Forks, WA.

Athens smiles. The wedding is in August. This is around the ending of April. Caius looks at Athens, knowing she will be attending the wedding if she has this baby before then.