Chapter 16

It's almost time! Rosalie is doing Bella's hair while Alice does her makeup. Athens is with Edward, fixing his tie. His nerves are wrecked but he's excited to be marrying the love of his life. Oddly enough, Athens is Edward's best man. It was Emmett but with how supportive Athens has been, and the fact she could see his mother, Elizabeth Masen, made this choice and switch-a-Roo easier.

Emmett wasn't offended when Edward changed his mind, he'd have done the same thing if Athens had been around when he married Rosalie.

"There," Athens says with a smile as she fixes Edward's cuff links.

Edward grabs the contact case and he puts the colored contacts over Athens's red eyes. She looks like her old human self, just with paler skin. Athens is wearing a lilac purple dress that flows to her knees and is slightly low cut, with some black heels and a lilac colored flower in her hair that is in a formal bun.

"We better get out there," Edward murmurs.

The paid walk out. The people are all starting to arrive. Billy waves at Athens, and she does the same. Billy rode with Charlie and Sue. Charlie has been seeing Sue Clearwater from La Push.

Athens met Bella's mother, Renee Dwyer, earlier when she arrived. She complimented Charlie, she had never seen him in a tuxedo.

When the bridal march starts, Athens smiles widely as Charlie and Bella come out of the house. The human looks absolutely beautiful in her wedding dress and Charlie still looks very handsome. Esme and Athens share a smile before Bella makes it to Edward.
******

"Athens," billy says as he rolls up with a with younger than his son; Athens never met Jacob but Billy has mentioned him. "This is Seth Clearwater."

"Hey, Seth," Athens greets. "Pardon me. I need to get away from the humans."

Billy nods in understanding and Athens walks around front. She kicks her heels off beside a bench at the edge of the yard. A boy comes walking out of the trees. He's tall, buff, tan, and just plain attractive. His hair looks choppy.

"Are you Jacob?" Athens asks him.

"I am," he replies.

"I'm Athens, I'm a friend of the groom," Athens says as she smells the wet dog smell, she snarls her nose.

"Yeah, sorry, I just spent a month in wolf form," he mutters.

"You're fine..."

"Jake!" Bella exclaims as she jumos into his arms, startling Athens.

"This was your idea?" Athens asks the new husband.

"Guilty," Edward mutters and he goes to protect Bella as Jacob gets aggressive.

"Jacob!" Sam's alpha voice booms as he comes through the trees. "That's enough. Bella is no longer our concern."

Jacob glares at Edward one more time and looks at Athens. "It was nice meeting you." And he goes with Sam.

"Seth," Sam says to the youngster beside Athens. "Let's go."

"But..."

"I'm sure Athens will be back to visit," Sam assures the youngest Clearwater.

"I'll come and visit you, Sethling," Athens promises, her contacts are out. "Promise."

Seth hugs Athens before he runs into the woods with his lack. Athens looks at the newly weds before she sighs.

"I'm ready go go back to Volterra," Athens says.

"You were just happy for us," Bella claims.

"I am happy for you!" Athens exclaims, eyes wide. "I miss my mate."

Edward smiles. "I'll call and book your flight."

Athens grabs her phone and dials Demitri.

"Athens!" Demitri exclaims into the phone, Didyme perks up at the name, she looks almost two years old.

"I'm coming home," Athens says.

"Yes!" Demitri hoots. "Caius will be happy." He's careful not to mention Didyme.

"I have to go," Athens says.
*****

Emmett hugs Athens tightly at the airport while he and Rosalie wait with Athens for her flight to be called. Jasper couldn't say goodbye again, he just couldn't so he stayed home with Alice, Carlisle, amd Esme. Edward and Bella are at isle Esme for their honeymoon.

"Flight 201596 to Florence, Italy now boarding," a woman's voice says. "Fight 201596 to Florence, Italy now boarding."

"That's me," Athens says as she pulls away from Emmett. "I have to go, you guys. I have someone to go home to."

She walks away without a second glance because if she were to look into Emmett's eyes, she wouldn't be able to leave.