Chapter 6

This time when Athens wakes up, she finds Jane in her bedroom. She hasn't really hung out with Jane since they became friends upon Athens's arrival and destined stay in Volterra.

"Jane," Athens mutters tiredly, still sore from her encounter with Caius.

"Good morning!" Jane exclaims. "You're hanging out with me and Alec today."

Athens sits up, her back facing Jane.

"Ouch," Jane winces as she sees the bruises Caius accidentally left on Athens back. "Master Caius left bruises all along your back, Athens."

"I knew I felt awfully sore," Athens mutters.

"I'll be right outside," Jane promises before stepping out.

Athens looks in her mirror, her body is covered in bruises. She wonders if Caius realized he left them. An off feeling fills her gut from last night but she pushes it aside before she goes into the bathroom, and runs the hot water for a shower.

For a bath, Athens usually uses the tub in her bedroom. But it's early and Jane is waiting, so Athens is using the shower in her personal bathroom. She washes her hair with a violet shampoo and conditioner she happened to find, Sulpicia had put it there for her.

Athens ties a satin robe around her naked, bruised body and walks into her room... which is where she finds Caius sitting on her bed. The king walks up and he uses his vampire speed to remove the robe from Athens's body.

Caius grimaces at the bruised he left and his cold hand slowly touches the bruises he left before he turns Athens with his hand. The king bites his lip as he kneels, and he kisses the bruises on her back. The ones are worse on her hips, where his hands were gripped much tighter than he had thought.

"I am so sorry, love," Caius whispers as he stands and turns Athens, looking her in the eyes. "I did not realize how tightly I held you."

"Caius, it's ok. I'm fine," Athens assures her vampire love. "I'm fine, they're just bruises. Last night was... well, it was perfect."

Caius gently pulls her chin up with his index finger and thumb and he kisses her gently before waking out. Athens sighs dreamily before she pulls on some black leggings, a crimson cropped top with long sleeves, and some black boots that reach her knees. She brushes her naturally wavy short hair and she leaves the room where Jane's waiting along side Alec.

"Where to?" Athens asks.

Alec looks at his sisters. "Has she seen the library about supernatural species?"

"Library of supernatural species?" Athens inquires, her interest peaked.

"There are books there about every single supernatural being that exists to mankind," Alec explains. "Vampires, shape shifters, moon men, witches, and more! I love it, personally."

"Really?" Athens rises her eyebrow at Alec. "You don't peg me as a reader."

Alec rolls his crimson eyes. "I read... Those books, supernatural beings are apart of being a member of the royal guard of vampires."

"I want to see this library," Athens says, taking the attention off of Alec. "It sounds interested."

Alec and Jane lead the way to the elevator. This supernatural library is in the underground part of the castle, where the vampires hang out. Alec opens some stone doors and shelves of thousands of books is revealed.

Athens gapes at the sight, jaw dropped, brown eyes wide as she looks around the humongous room. Alec has already disappeared into one of the aisles. Jane takes Athens by the hand and leads her to one.

"Moon men," Jane says. "They're popular around here and in London. They come out to play during the full moon. If you want to learn more, this entire shelf here..." she points to the seven shelf bookshelf they're in front of.... "is full of moon men information."

Athens grabs a couple books on moon men and Jane leads her to a table.

"I'm going to go and find my brother," Jane says and she flashes away.

Athens opens the hard back and finds a drawing of a moon man on the first blank white page after the book's cover.

"You guys are ugly," Athens mutters as she flips a page and sees a more detailed picture. "Oh, that was an understatement..."

"They are ugly, aren't they?" Alec asks as he plops downin the chair beside her. "I drew the picture on the page after the cover."

"So you draw," Athens mumbles as she reads the ancient Italian language. "Neat-o."

"You understand that?" Alec asks and Athens nods. "No wonder Caius was so accepting of you as a blood singer; you're smart."

Athens smirks slightly without replying as she reads. Alec tenses as Caius walks in with Marcus and he hurriedly walks deeper into the supernatural library to find Jane.

Athens looks up and she meets eyes with Caius. She sighs; she can never have a moment of peace with her friends without him showing up. She looks away and flips the page to read some more.

"Are you simply ignoring our presence?" Caius asks.

"I was enjoying a moment with friends and reading," Athens says and she looks up, annoyance in her brown eyes. "You're amazing and so are you, Marcus, but I'm human and I have friends."

Caius inhales a breath to keep from snapping at her.

"We need Jane and Alec," Marcus speaks in his monotone voice to distract Caius.

"Yes, masters?" Jane asks as she and Alec appear suddenly.

"There has been a vampire disturbance in Forks, Washington," Aro says as he enters. "A mess. We need you two, Demitri and Felix to go and handle it."

"And bring Athens," Caius adds. "Get her out of the castle for a bit. Learn her out we do things."

Jane looks at Athens, who looks tense at the sound of Foeks. "Master, with all due respect, are you sure we should bring Athens? She has a history in Forks."

"I'm aware," Caius says and he eyes his mate and back to jane. "I'm sure. Just bring her back to me in one piece."

"Let's get you ready for travel," Jane mutters and she leads Athens our.

"Alec." Caius's voice stops Alec in his steps. "You tell Demitri and Felix if anything happens to Athens, they're dead."

"Yes, sir," Alec replies and he goes to gather Felix and Demitri.