Chapter 13

The plane jolts as it lands in Seattle, making Athens groan as she holds onto her seatbelt. She hates planes ever since Edward sent her to her death in Seattle. She's dead, for sure, but she came back a blood sucking vampire.

"You ready to see everyone?" Emmett asks as they get the ok to unbuckle.

"Everyone but him," Athens replies.

Emmett grimaces, he hadn't thought of that. He wraps a broad arm around the vampire as they unload the plane. The pair walk through the airport until they hear a high pitchsd squeal and Athens is tackled in a vampire tight hug.

"Alice, she gets it, you missed her," Emmett says with a smirk and he frowns. "I still never got my hug."

Athens smiles and she looks at Alice. "Hi, Alice."

"It's so good to see you!" Alice chirps. "And see you for a week instead of a few minutes. I'm so happy!"

Alice and Emmett lead Athens to a tinted window Mercedes, where Carlisle is waiting.

"Hey, Athens," Carlisle greets as she gets into the hack with Alice. "It's great to see you again."

"You too, and under these blessed circumstances," Athens muses. "Can I remove my contacts? They're bugging me."

Alice hands Athens a case and she removes the brown contacts, revealing her bright crimson eyes.

"Damn girl," Emmett muses, "you got hotter with vampirism."

Athens rolls her eyes and she settles in for a lengthy car ride.
****

"Wait here," Alice says before she walks inside, and finds Rosalie in the kitchen. "Rose, where's Jasper?"

"Hunting," Rosalie grumbles. "Why?"

"Come with me!" Alice chirps amd she grabs Rosalie's wrist, and rugs her outside. "Emmett, now,"

Emmett opens the back door to Carlisle's Mercedes and Athens gets out. Rosalie screams in joy and she flashes over and tackles the vampire.  Athens breaths out in relief at the feeling of hugging her friend.

"How are we going to surprise Jasper?" Rosalie asks.

"I have an idea," Alice muses.

Alice dresses Athens in something country; some jeans, a black top, a red flannel, and some cowgirl boots and has her sitting in a chair in Jasper's bedroom. The bedroom being pointless because they don't sleep, but it has other things.

Alice hands Athens a history book and she rushes out. That's the one thing Jasper and Athens shared, their love in history and the world's historical events.

Alice returns downstairs right as Jasper walks in with Edward from a hunt. Edward reads Alice's mind and he knows who is here.

"Jas!" Alice coos as she kisses her husband. "You have a surprise in your room."

Jasper rises an eyebrow and looks at Edward. Edward shrugs, he can't read Athens's mind because she's blocked it but he sees her familiar, red eyed face in Alice's head.

"What surprise?" Jasper questions his wife.

"Just go and see!" Alice beams.

Jasper sighs before he trots upstairs, the coven staying in the living room on the main floor. The major stops at his room when he smells a newborn vampire. He growls lowly before he shoves his door open but his eyes widen when he spots Athens.

"At!" Jasper gasps.

The new vampire throws the book on wars onto the useless bed and throws herself in Jasper's arms for a much needed hug from her empath best friend. Rosalie is Athens's friend but Jasper is her best friend.

"Athens," Jasper breaths as the best friends pull apart, he studies her. "How long are you here?"

"A week," Athens replies.

Jasper cannot seem to wipe the smile from his face as he pulls her into a hug again. Athens smiles as she lets jasper hug her. Alice arrives at Jasper's door to say Bella's here, but she stops when she sees Jasper hugging his best friends.
*****

"She's what!?" Bella yells as she and Edward go to a clearing where no one can here. "I didn't invite Athens."

"I did," Edward says and Bella looks appalled. "I Skyped her to invite her. She's Jasper's best friend and she's my friend..."

"She's your EX-GIRLFRIEND!" Bella exclaims.

"And I love you!" Edward exclaims right back, Bella's anger slowly leaves. "Athens is JUST a friend. She is dating Caius Volturi. She is here for the wedding."

"Five days early," Bella scoffs.

"She's here early for the others, not me," Edward says.

"Can you read her mind?" Bella asks, jealous.

"She is blocking me out, but I normally can," Edward says. "Isabella, you have nothing to worry about. I love you more than life itself. Don't let jealousy cloud you. Now," Edward kisses Bella tenderly, "how about I properly introduce you to Athens? You know, when we aren't just finished saving your life."

Bella smiles and she snuggles into her soon-to-be husband's arms. "Yeah. I'd like to properly meet her."
*****

Athens is sitting on the couch on the second story with Rosalie, they're catching up on lost times when Edward walks in with Bella.

"Athens," Edward speaks, Athens looks up quickly and she smiles warmly. "I'm glad you could make it."

Athens flashes over and she smiles. "Of course." She looks at Bella, who is tremmering in fear. "Hey, Bella!"

"H... hi," Bella greets.

"Oh, don't be scared of me, silly," Athens muses. "My name is Athens Ricci and it is a pleasure to meet you properly, Bella Swan, soon-to-be Cullen."

Bella relaxes a little. "It's nice to meet you, too, Athens."

"This is her normal personality," Edward whispers to his fiancée. "Happy go lucky, energetic. She's been with Rosalie since she got here."

"Have you hugged Emmett yet?" Esme asks jokingly.

"Nope," Athens replies as Alice comes down.

"Bella, outside, back yard, heels, now," Alice demands. "Boys! Come on, we have a venue to decorate. Rose, you too."

"What about me?" Athens asks as she smells the blood bags in her duffle that were hid in the bag check.

"Come on, babe," Rosalie chirps, "you can help me!"

"We aren't decorating until a day before," Alice tells her siblings and Athens when they get outside. "We are just getting things ready for then!"

Athens sighs. "Oh, I have missed this side of Alice."

"Sarcasm was always your strong point," Rosalie jokes as they get some logs ready.  "Are you ever going to hug Emmett?"

Athens looks to see Emmett not looking, but listening. She nods, knowing he can't see her. Rosalie smiles as they work. When they're done, Rosalie and Athens go to her and Emmett's room.

"You mind?" Athens asks as she pull a blood bag out.

"Go ahead," Rosalie says. "Carlisle says he will grab more from the hospital tomorrow."

Athens nods as she drinks the blood, eyes closed. Rosalie watches her closely, scared that if she looks away for a second, Athens will be gone before the week is up.