Chapter 2

Athens Ricci sits in the room Jane Volturi led her to, terrified beyond belief. She is between terrified and numb, not knowing what to really think of this. What had stopped Caius Volturi from killing her like he had the man before her?

Athens was born in Rome, Italy; from a newborn to the age of five, she was in Athens, Greece; and from age five until here recently, Athens was in Forks, Washington. She was good friends with Jessica Stanley and Mike Newton. And then they moved to town.

The Cullens. Edward, Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie. Their foster parents are Carlisle and Esme. Edward and Athens grew a bond almost instantly. She wasn't his blood singer or anything, but Edward found her both compassionate and beautiful.

They dated for full two years until Isabella Swan moves back to town. She and Athens used to get along until Bella stopped coming to Forks, and had Charlie Swan (Bella's dad) go to California for their summers together. 

Edward broke up with Athens two weeks after Bella's return, this breakup actually made Rosalie sad. Rosalie never liked anyone but she adored Athens.

When alone, without the family anywhere near -so they can't hear - Edward tells Athens about a tour of Volterra castle, because it's always been a dream. In her teens, she remembers passing it.

Her and her parents passed by the castle while on a vacation in Italy when Athens was fifteen. Ever since that day, it has been a dream to tour the castle. She's had a huge fantasy about falling in love with a dark knight or knife or something. 

But nothing like this. Never in Athens's life did the expect Caius.

Athens looks around the room and finds a phone right beside her. She grabs it and dials a long distance number, and prays one of the kings won't kill her for this fall as the line trills to life.

"Hello?" A familiar female voice sounds over the phone.

"Rosalie?" Athens speaks slowly, carefully in case the others were there and she was on speaker phone.

"Athens?!" Rosalie gasps.

"What?" Emmett's booming voice exclaims in the background.

"Hey, Rose," Athens greets.

"Why're you falling from an Italian line?" Rosalie asks as Emmett walks closer, listening in as Edward watches with wide eyes.

"Didn't Edward tells you?" Athens asks, and Rosalie flares over at her brother. "He told me there were tours at the Volterra castle."

"He said WHAT!?" Rosalie exclaims and Emmett flinches, Jasper grimaces at the sudden emotion of anger from Rosalie. "Edward Anthony Mason Cullen!"

"Look, I'm..."

"Save it," Rosalie snaps. "Where are you, Athens?"

"The castle... Caius won't let me leave, he didn't feed from me," Athens replies. "Aro said something about a mate?"

"Really?" Rosalie asks as Carlisle and Esme walk in, Carlisle looks confused.

"Yes, why?" Athens replies.

"Call me when you can, Athens, I need to talk to Esme and Carlisle," Rosalie coos. "I miss you, sister."

"I miss you, Rose," Athens says. "Tell Emmett I said hi."

Athens hangs up as Jane walks in.

"I see you used the phone," Jane says in a monotone. "That's what it's there for," she says when she sees the concern of upsetting the kings. "They won't mind. I'm supposed to draw you a bath. Caius would like to come and visit you tonight."

Athens simply nods, not trusting her words with the red eyed girl. Jane eyes her momentarily before she walks to the tub that's in the luxurious bedroom, and she twists the knob for the hot water. The vampire isn't used to having a human around that the kings didn't kill.

"You know the Cullens?" Jane asks as she waits for the tub to fill.

"I dated Edward for two years, and then he left me for someone else," Athens replies honestly. "He sent me here because I always dreamt of seeing the place."

"Go ahead and strip, I won't watch," Jane says and she stops the tub. "Was he a good boyfriend?"

"Edward?" Athens speaks softly as she removes her clothes of the day. "He was until he broke my heart."

Athens steps into the tub of steaming water. Jane smiles. Athens is twenty years old, Jane was barely seventeen when she was turned. As well as her twin brother, Alec.

"I think we will make decent fri..."

Jane is cut off by the door opening and Caius entering.

"I'll be back with clothes, Athens," Jane says quickly before hurrying out of the room.

"Athens," Caius speaks slowly as he looks at the tub.

The water is up to Athens breasts, and her knees are pulled up. Hiding them.

"Sir."

"My name is Caius," the Volturi king says as he sits on the bed and he meets Athens's eyes. "I had a long talk with my brothers and I have some explaining to do to you."

"Yes, you do," Athens agrees immediately. "Why are your eyes read, and why do you guys eat people?"

"We don't eat them, we drink their blood," Caius corrects his blood-singer. "We are vampires. Do you believe in vampires?"

"I believe you when you say you guys are vampires; I trust you for some reason," Athens admits.

"That's because you're something called my blood singer," Caius explains. "Your blood sings to me, it tempts me more than others but my love for you will be unbreaking. My love for you is what keeps me from draining you of your blood, to be honest."

"That is very cheerful," Athens says sarcastically as she looks around. "I need to wash my hair."

"I'll find Jane and send in some shampoos," Caius says and he leaves the room in a graceful pace, almost as if he were flying.

Athens lays back in the tub, still trying to wrap her head around being here as she sinks her legs back to the bottom of the tub. Jane returns after a moment and she hands Athens the things to wash her hair.

"As I was saying before we were interrupted," Jane muses, "I think we will be good friends."

"I hope so," Athens muses as she rindes her hair. "I'm done."

Jane grabs a black towel and holds it out. Athens unplugs then tub and she steps out, allowing Jane to wrap the towel around her thin body. Athens might have D cups and good sized hips and a decent sized but, but she has a fairly flat stomach.

"I'll step out while you dress; try and sleep, please," Jane says before she leaves.

Athens puts on the black nightie that was given to her and some black panties. She towel dries her hair before collapsing into the bed. When asleep, Athens finds herself dreaming about the Cullens and of Caius, oddly.