Part 1

(Y/N) point of View 

      Once the shorting of the new first years was over and the feast had finished. We were sent to our different dormitory's to unpack our things and get ready for the next magical year at Hogwarts. The wonderful house Elf's always bring our things to our room during the opening night activities. 
    Just like my bother and parents, I had been sorted into Gryffindor. Harry and I were 9 months apart almost to the dot. I almost waited a year after Harry to start Hogwarts but professor Dumbledore thought it was important for us to stay together. I was the youngest in my class and was picked on once and while. But Harry was very protective of me, VERY protective, so most people knew not to mess with me. As for Harry and his golden trio, I was friends with them but I tended to be on my own most the times. 

    Most girls wanted to be my friends so they could get closer to Harry. Because he was the CHOSEN ONE. And all that stuff, I wanted nothing to do with it. But I did study with Hermione once in a while, me and her got along well. We both loved being in the library , you know growing up with dead parents books tend to be you're only friends. 
        Hermione and I sometimes get tea and study together. Hermione was quite good with charms and Arithmancy so I always asked for help when needed. My focus was always on magical creatures and taking care of them. I wanted to save every creature I could one day, when I'm older and hopefully married I will have a house full of magical creatures. When I am not with Hermione, my best girl friend has been Ginny. Me and her were around the same age and we clicked the minute we first met. Every summer I stay with the Weasley's when Harry goes. I always sleep in the extra bed in Ginnys room while Harry stays in Rons room. 
The Boys always spend their summers goofing off playing Quidditch. I would stay outside with a book in my hand enjoying the summer air.  

      "Are you excited to start the Year?" Ginny asked me while we unpacked our trunks snapping me out of thought.   

    " yes" I answered her. Her bed was always next to mine in the girls dormitory. Hermione's was on the other side of Ginny " I taking an extra class of magical creatures and how to care with them this year" which I was very excited for " and if I get approved I may get an free period to study with Hagrid"   

     " that would be lovely for you (y/n)" said Hermione. I nodded my head with excitement.  

  "this Triwizard Tournament is going to cause so much excitement around Hogwarts this year its going to be very interesting to see what happens" I mentioned,    

         " I overheard George and Fred talking about how they are going to sneak their name into cup" Hermione shook her head in disappointment " they know it's not going to work, Dumbledore is a very brilliant man. He can out smart any of Fred and George's tricks" She said, getting herself worked up I could tell.   

      " anyways Hermione. Did you see those durmstrang boys? " Ginny asked " Ron nearly fainted when he saw Krum"
   The through of Ron's name made my stomach flip a little, I was always very attractive to Ron very since the first day I met him on the platform. But I knew he was off limits he's was Harry's closest mate, so I always pushed the idea of us down so far into my brain that nobody knew.  

"Y/N what do you think about it?" Hermione asked me snapping my attention back to the room.

  " oh sorry, I think it's going to be very interesting with all these new students around the school, but I wouldn't mind getting to know a Drumstrang boy" I chuckled. 
     Hermione walked into the bathroom and came out with her Hogwarts robes in her hands and had changed into a casual outfit for common room.   

"y/n do you want to join Harry Ron and I downstairs? We are going to go over our schedule and see what classes we have together"  

  I shook my head " I hate to barge in uninvited. You know how Harry gets when his little sister hang around"  

  " well I invited you, and Harry can deal with it" Hermione said sternly " go get changed now" I got a fresh jumper out of the trunk and quickly changed knowing Ron would be downstairs I wanted to look somewhat normal.   

"Have fun guys" Ginny said as we exited the room. She was planning to see her on again off Boyfriend Dean Thomas.  

( Author's note. I know Dean and Ginny do not get together will the 6th but this story will not match the Original...... you have been warned.

word count: 840