Part 12

Y/N POV

The rest of the weekend was slow and rather uninteresting Ginny and I took a trip down Hogsmeade to look for dresses for Yule ball. The stores were packed with other Hogwarts students getting everything they needed for the dance. I was very excited to get dressed up and to dance with Ron.

"Y/N I think its perfect, you look beautiful" Ginny told me was I looked in the mirror in the dress shop.

"You really think so" I asked her. I was not use getting all dressed up it was something I never did nor had to do.

" Yes this is the dress!" Ginny told me jumping up and down. I got dressed back into my normal clothing pulling an extra jumper on it was getting colder outside which means the winter was coming. We got a butterbeer and headed back castle to catch up on some homework.

The rest of the week was rather boring as well, going from class to class. I was eating lunch and dinner with Ron and the rest of the Weasleys. Harry was still not talking either us yet which made it hard for me to hang out with Hermione. Harry and Hermione were basically joined at the hip ever since Harry and Ron's big blow out. Ron and I had not spend much time together besides the time in potions. From time to time I could sneak in a hug or a hand hold with him but I had not gotten much time to hang out with him.

I was sitting in my bedroom studying and going over some books for History of Magic, this class was so hard and Professor CuthbertBinns was not making it much easier with a 3 page essay. I had given up all hope and decided to head to the library to see if I could ask Hermione for help. I headed down to the library I saw Ron in the common room with Fred and George playing wizard's chest. I gave him a small wave and smile before heading through the Fat lady and heading to the library. It took me a few minutes of searching through the rows and rows of books but I finally saw Harry, Hermione and Neville going over a herbology textbook.

"Gillyweed would be able to let you brea-" Neville stopped talking as they turned and saw me walk to the table.

"um..Er Hi guys"

"Hello Y/N" Hermione said cheerfully. Harry looked and said nothing to me.

"Actually Hermione I was wondering if I could borrow you for a moment to get help with the History of Magic paper"

"you know Y/N you can't take all of my friends from me" Harry said.

"You know Harry I was going to talk to you"

" Just cut it out" Hermione said breaking us off. " And yes I can help you out, just give us a few minutes"

I took out my book and some rolls of parchment and began working on my paper. Within a few minutes Neville left, Harry and Hermione joined me at the table.

"Gillyweed?" I asked Harry " It that for the next challenge?"

"Yeah, all we know its underwater" Harry mumbled

" You better watch out for grindylows and selkies then Harry, they live in the black lake by Hogwarts they are nasty beasts" He nodded. " Look Harry I wanted to tell you about my feelings for Ron when the time was right"

"whatever you say Y/N"

"Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office" Mad-Eye Moody says walking into the library. Hermione, Harry and I all stand up.

"Not you Granger or you Mr.Potter , just Ms. Potter actually" I stood up getting my parchment and books together.

"I can bring them to your Room for you Y/N" I thank Hermione and walk to Professor McGonagall's office. I entered her office and she headed me some tea and the world went black.

Ron's Pov

I went to bed early that night not really wanting to fight with Harry and I waited for Y/N to come back with Hermione but she never came back. 

The following morning was the second task and Y/N was still nowhere to be seen. I headed down to breakfast thinking she would be there and got an early start to her day. Ginny, Hermione and Harry were all seating together for breakfast and Y/N was still not there. I sat with them and Harry was already in his tournament wear.

"Have you seen Y-"

"No" Harry said cutting me off. " we have not I was starting to get worried but than I thought she was with you"

I shook my head no. " I haven't seen her since yesterday" I could tell Harry was starting to get worried about her.

"Harry she will turn up, she's was with Professor McGonagall so she is safe no matter where she is" Hermione assured him.

After breakfast we headed to the boats to take us to the black lake Harry had his Gillyweed his hand. He and Hermione got into a boat together and I stood on the dock waiting for the next one knowing Harry would not want me in his boat.

"Come on Ron, We've got an open spot" Harry says waving me into the boat with them.

"you sure?"

"Yes I am ready to have my best friend back, But if you hurt her I will push you into the black lake myself" He chucked giving me a little nudge.

We made it to the platforms where the everyone stood over the lake. Harry lined up with the rest of the Champions.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own." Dumbledore said over the loudspeaker

"Y/N" Hermione whispered to me. "She was taken last night, she's Harry treasure for him to save" It all made sense to me now. My heart sank knowing that she was at the bottom of the lake.Wondering if she was conscious, if she knew what was going on. They dove into the water at the sound of the cannon.

An hour had gone by and everyone has rescued their person and reached the surface but Harry...

A few moments late Y/N reached the surface her dark drown wet and all over her face she was coughing but she was safe. I ran down to the deck and helped her out of the water. She was coughing and shaking from being soaking wet. A little girl who I think was Fleur's sister was also coming out of the water.

I pulled her into the biggest hug and Hermione handed me a towel to give to Y/N.

"You're safe" I smiled hugging her even tighter. Harry had propelled him out of the water and landed on the deck where we were. Hermione ran towards him with a towel.

Once everything was over we headed back to the common room and Y/N went and changed out her wet clothing and I gave her my jumper. We all sat on the coach together and Y/N joined us a few moments later. She sat on the couch next to me I pulled my arm around her. She placed her head on my shoulder. I looked at Harry and he gave me a recurring nod.

" You okay" I asked her.

She nodded her head "Yeah just a little tired"

We began to talk about the ball coming tomorrow. Everyone was very excited. Harry turns out he was taking Parvati. I told Harry I asked Y/N.

"I hope thats ok with you Harry" I asked him. He nodded and gave me a smile.

"But same warning as before" He whispered looking up at Y/N who was fast asleep on my shoulder.

"Goodnight" kissing her on the forehead.

Word count: 1390