It's A Dance! Part 7

Ron's point of view  

I haven't seen much of Y/N since are almost kiss or whatever it was in the library. She had dived into her schools and studies like she normally would during the school year. Dinner was normal that night I kept stealing glances at Y/N as she sat at the end of the table near Ginny and Dean. I kept thinking about what happened in the library. I think we almost kissed, but Y/N's head wasn't in the right place because of all the stress she had been under with Harry. 

Harry and Y/N had gone to Mad Eye's office to get Harry ready for his first challenge. Which was dragons. My brother Charlie had to ship them in for the tournament under the ministry's request.  

"So what did I interrupt in the library this afternoon" Hermione asked me as we walked back to Gryffindor tower  

"Nothing Hermione" I rolled my eyes at her.  

" Well it didn't seem like nothing" she snapped at me.  

" You know Harry will have my head if anything happens between Y/N and I, so nothing happened"  

" do you Fancy her?" Hermione questioned me.  

" I guess" I mumbled under my breath.  

We made it back the common room. And Harry and Y/N were just getting back from Mad Eye's office. 

"dragons" Harry said nervously "that's the first Challenge"  

" Harry will be able to have his wand and he-"  Y/N started 

Hermione cuts her off " he can get his broom and fly, that's brilliant why didn't I think of it"  

We talked for a couple of hours after dinner of finding different strategies to help Harry. After a about a haft and hour or talking and hanging out, everyone began to get ready for bed and get ready for next the next day of classes. 
Y/N started to head up the stairs with Hermione.  

"Hey Ron" she turned to face me, 

"Yeah" I looked up to lock eyes with her  

" thanks for being there for me today I really appreciated it" she smiled at me.  

" Of course, I'm happy to do it" I smiled at her. I noticed her cheeks blushed a little.  She pulled me into a hug and put my arms about her torso. It was a quick hug. She turned towards the girls dormitory following behind Hermione, I turned the boys and stared to head up the stairs. 

" Stay away from my sister!" Harry yelled at me once I had made it into my bed.  

" Blimey, Harry she is just a good friend" I fought back at him  

" I see the way you have looked at her, and I knew you with her at the library"  

" we are studying!" I defended myself  

" whatever you want to say, but she's my sister and she's off limits" He yelled to me 

" Oh Piss off" I said turning away from her and pulling the covers over my head.

Y/N point of view
I woke up early in the morning and got ready for classes, I had potions with Ron again today and then some afternoon announcement with Professor Mcgonagall and all the other Gryffindors. I met Ginny down at the great hall for breakfast.  

"Morning Ginny" I said to her sitting down helping myself to some French toast,  

"Morning" she smiled at me. " soooooo, are you going to tell me what happened in the library" she begged.

I rolled my eyes at her,  " I do not know what Hermione told you she saw but nothi-"  

"Nothing happened" Hermione cut me off as she walked into the great hall mocking me.   

" remind me again why you guys are my best friends" I questioned them 

" because we love you and like to Make fun of you" Ginny said.  

" but for real, nothing happened in the library! There was maybe a moment and might have kissed but it's nothing" I said to them.  

" he definitely fancy's you!" Hermione says giggling 

" definitely not, I am his best mates sister!" I tired to defend myself.  George joined us at breakfast giving Hermione a kiss 

" eww gross" Ginny pretending to throw up.  

"Anyways what are you guys talking about" George's asked 

" how Ron's fancy's Y/N" Ginny said, as I give her a smack on her arm "ow" 

" oh Yeah, that's obvious," George says making my cheeks blush  

" and how would you know that?" I stared at him 

" well, I'm his brother and I have known him for 15 years or his whole life and he's hard core crushing"  

"Whatever I rolled my eyes" at him. Harry and Ron came into the great hall.  

"Morning" said Hermione to them was they walked up.  

"Do you guys know what the Bloody Hell Professor McGonagall is doing this afternoon" Ron mumbled sitting across from me. Harry sat next to me.  We all shrugged at the table not even Hermione knew anything. Which was shocking. 

" I'm excited to see happens" Hermione says all wee haute shook our head and are keeping up small talk before the class bell rings.  
Ron and I walked to positions together keeping up the small talk but it felt kinda awkward. But I was glad to talk to him.  

••• skipping position ••••••••••••••••

" The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost...
a dance."  Professor McGonagll starts. 

Hermione and I glance at each other and the all of the girls squeal with excitement and most of the boys groan. Hermione steals a glance at George.  

"Silence. The house of Godrick Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."  She continues 

"Try saying that five time faster" said Fred to George. 

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight." Continued professor McGonagall. 

"Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley, will you join
me." she looks at Ron and practically pulls him out of his chair. We all start laughing  
"Now place your hand on my waist" she  instructs him  

"Where ?"   

"My waist, Mr. Weasley." 
The boys wolf whistle they began to dance to the music... 

Word count: 1129