GUILT _ Flashbacks & Memories

<•>

Memories.

Memories and flashbacks were for flowing through his mind all at once. There were voices in the distance, smoke rising from the ground, fire sprawling and the earth shook with tension.

Yet, he could only sense these memories, a past that was breaking beneath his fiery fingertips.
Midoriya was crying next to him, he had heard this all to many time before yet...this crying sounded different.

It was heartbreaking. It was like his soul was drenching away from him as he watched All Might take his last stance.

"You're next..."

Your fault
All of this is your fault

Bakugo remembered the first day of U.A, the crisp air of springtime, the beautiful sakura petals flying all around just like they did every year.
Taking the practical test with his classmates for the first time, getting to show of his powerful quirk to everyone. To indirectly disclose that he was superior, you extras could never reach him.
Bakugo didn't expect to meet people that were able to challenge him in any way. All his life he used Deku as a pebble to make himself greater, so meeting Kirishima, Todoroki, Ashido, Tokoyami and the others astounded him in some way. Suddenly it wasn't the world against him alone, there was others fighting alongside him to reach the top.

All Might.
The symbol of Peace.

Bakugo wasn't fighting alone. To be close to All Might, to try and impress him. That was all of their goals. It was a fun game.
Bakugo let his guard down, he started to trust in his classmates more, to laugh with them more often, train and study with them.

He ruined it all. There could be no games anymore, there was no top to reach. Bakugo took that all away from them in a blink of an eye. He ruined the symbol of Peace, the person that was supposed to protect them from harms way until they could reach All Might and take his position gracefully.

Bakugo stole that chance from every hero in training.

His childhood memories flashed him so somberly now. All the times he spent watching All Might on the screen. His little hands lifted over his head with malaise as he screamed and cheered for the hero to succeed. It often ended with scolding from his mother on the other side where she was prepping for dinner.

Beautiful memories.

"I'm going become just like All Might and save people!"

Beautiful dreams crushed beneath his fingers.

He ended All Might and for the first time in his life, Bakugo swallowed down a guilt he couldn't get rid off.
His crimson eyes stared at the dirt on his shoes, someone was calling his name yet he couldn't exactly recognize who.

You ended All Might
You ended everyone's dreams...you're a monster

Bakugo's eyes expanded briefly before he felt a hand on his shoulder. His immediate reflex was too flinch away, pulse rising and muscles clenching.

"Ah he must be on edge from being with the villains...we need to act delicately"

Act delicate to the one who ruined the symbol of peace?

You don't deserve to even be alive

The thought surprised Bakugo and the next he knew, he was being lead into a police car. Deku was crying in the background, wailing for the fallen hero.

The door closed harshly next to Bakugo's face, but his eyes didn't leave Deku. Todoroki, Iida, Yaoyorozu and Kirishima were with him, consoling Deku the best way they could. But it wasn't working. Deku was heartbroken.

It was chaos, utter chaos.

Something was growing inside of his heart, it was heavy, it was suffocating his lounges.
It was also silent, nobody could hear it drown him.

It was guilt.