ACT ONE | SCENE ONE

I'm adding the speech/stage directions/descriptions in as well so you may want to read with earphones so you can pause the music
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACT ONE
SCENE ONE

"Ooooooh, I love musicals!" Squeaks Christine.

"We knowwwww..." Sighs Rich.

"Shut up!" Jade yells as the musical starts.

(We see JEREMY at home, before school. He's at his computer, furiously waiting for something to load. We get the impression it might be homework or something huge...)

"More Than Survive"

JEREMY
C-C-C-C'MON, C-C-C-C'MON, GO GO

"Nooo, I already know what's coming." Jeremy cried, putting his head in his hands.

Brooke turned to him and gave him a questioning look, "How do you know?"

He lifted his head and looked at her, "Cause I...I always say this when I uh...start...."

I'M WAITING FOR MY PORNO TO LOAD
MY BRAIN IS GONNA FRIKKIN EXPLODE

Jenna, Chloe, and Brooke rolled their eyes while Christine had a disgusted expression on their face. The boys just laughed.

Michael put his hand on Jeremy's shoulder, still laughing and said, "Of course that was your first line! It's so you!"

Issie leaned into Jade's ear and whispered, "You know they say the first line of any musical sets the tone for the rest of the show." Jade smiles and whispers back, "What an interesting first line." They quietly laugh to themselves at the memory/inside joke.

AND NOW OF COURSE IT'S TIME TO HIT THE ROAD

"Don't hit the road Jeremy!" Christine 'scolded', jokingly. Said boy just laughed at his bestfriend.

WHICH MEANS I'LL BE UNCOMFORTABLE ALL DAY

"Gross." Jade said to him.

BUT THAT REALLY ISN'T SUCH A CHANGE
IF I'M NOT FEELING WEIRD OR SUPER STRANGE MY LIFE WOULD BE IN UTTER DISARRAY

"I know right!"
"How does that make sense?!"
Rich and Jenna suddenly shouted at the same time, facing Jeremy.

CUZ FREAKING OUT IS MY OK

"That's an understatement," Mutters Michael. Jenna hears him, grabs her phone, and messages her bestfriend. Chloe smirks at her phone then at Jenna when she receives the message. Jade sighs and shakes their head. "Some people just don't change."

GOOD MORNING, TIME TO START THE DAY

"Probably unrelated but I love Will Connolly so much!" Jade said. Issie nodded her head in agreement.

C-C-C-C'MON, C-C-C-C'MON, GO GO

"What if don't want to?"