ACT TWO | SCENE THREE

heere we go, are y'all ready? cause i'm not 😩

i've been dreading this one cause it's SO EMOTIONAL. SEND HELP.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCENE THREE

(JEREMY runs into a bathroom. Locks the door, takes several deep breaths. Sits down on the edge of the tub. A MONSTER HAND reaches up to grab him. JEREMY screams. The hand pulls itself up, revealing...)

MICHAEL
Sup.

Christine snorted.

JEREMY
Michael? I didn't know you were invited to this party.

MICHAEL
I wasn't. Which is why I'm wearing...this clever disguise!

This causes a few chuckles from the group.

(JEREMY just stares at him.)

You're speechless. Squip got your tongue?

Chloe laughed, "Ha, that's clever..."

JEREMY
It's..off.

MICHAEL
That would explain why you're talking to me. (Beat.) I've been thinking about this moment. What I would say to you? I had this really pissed off monologue, an epic journey through twelve years of friendship... (off JEREMY) What?

"I could only imagine how you feel..." Christine says sympathetically, giving Michael a small smile, getting one in return.

JEREMY
It's really good to see you, man.

MICHAEL
It won't be. Once you hear what I found out.

JEREMY
Found out?

MICHAEL
About...

(He taps his head. JEREMY realizes what he means.)

JEREMY
How? There's nothing on the internet

MICHAEL
Which is weird, right?

"Yeah, what's not on the internet?" Jenna says.

I mean, what's not on the internet?

Jenna looked shocked. How did they keep doing that?

So I starting asking around. Finally, this guy I play Warcraft with... Told me how his brother went from a straight D student to a freshman at Harvard. You know where he is now?

"Did that kid happen to go to a theater camp?" Christine asks, looking at Michael.

He looks confused. "Uh, yeah. Why?" he responds.

Christine's eyes go wide. "I know him; he went to theater camp with me!" they say, looking surprised. "He was a senior when I was a sophomore..." (if you get that reference i will love you forever)