ACT TWO | SCENE FIVE

SCENE FIVE

(Spotlight on JENNA ROLAN, texting on her cell phone.)

Jenna sees herself and sighs, not wanting to remember how she spread rumours about Rich and the fire. She hangs her head in shame. Rich sighs a breath of relief when he realizes that the moments before the fire had been skipped. He didn't want anyone to know why he did it, especially his friends. Especially Jake.

JENNA ROLAN
OMG
CHLO, ANSWER ME
WHOA, WAIT UNTIL I TELL YOU WHAT I HEARD!
IT'S TOO FUCKED TO TYPE
THIS SHIT IS RIPE
CALL BACK, I'LL YELL YOU EVERY WORD

(CHLOE's phone rings. She decides whether or not she's gonna pick it up.)

CHLOE
JENNA ROLAN CALLING
JENNA ROLAN CALLING

Chloe looks at her, mumbling, "Sorry..." Jenna smiles.

"It's okay!" She laughs. "Stop apologising." Chloe slightly smiles.

JENNA ROLAN CALLING
HEY

JENNA ROLAN
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD
OK
SO

Christine furrows their eyebrows before turning to Jade, "Jade, isn't that what you said before explaining why we're here?"

Jade laughs, "Yeah! That's why I stopped and laughed because of the unintentional reference." The group chuckle, before focusing back on the musical.

AT THE END OF LAST NIGHT'S PARTY
VERY END OF LAST NIGHT'S PARTY
DID YOU SEE RICH

CHLOE
OH, I SAW RICH

"What'th that thuppothed to mean?" Rich says, eyeing the brunette, who looks at her lap, not wanting to deal with the conversation at hand.

JENNA ROLAN
SO, HE'S BEHAVING HAZY
LIKE A TWEAKIN' JUNKY
FLAILING CRAZY
LIKE A FREAKIN' MONKEY

CHLOE
HE'S GOTTA LEARN TO HANDLE HIS HIGH
SHOULDN'T DRINK SO MUCH FOR A SMALL GUY

Jake starts laughing. Rich crosses his arms and makes a huffing sound. "I get that I'm thhort, but you don't have to conthtantly joke about it!!" he huffs, earning more giggles from Jake.

"C'mon babe, short jokes are funny!" Rich just rolls his eyes, a small smile on his face.

JENNA ROLAN
RIGHT, BUT HE WASN'T DRUNK

CHLOE
THE HELL YOU SAY, JENNA

JENNA ROLAN
YO! HE WASN'T DRUNK

CHLOE
THE HELL YOU SAY, JENNA

JENNA ROLAN
NO!
BECAUSE I HEARD FROM DUSTIN KROPP

"Who?" Brooke asks.

"A guy from school. I talk to him all the time, bribing him for information. He goes unnoticed, just watching everything at school and major events at school, which is probably why you don't know him." Jenna replies.

"He's also my cousin..." Christine says quietly, causing Jenna to look at them in shock.

Michael mumbles, "Also the school's dealer..." Jeremy hears and chuckles.

THAT RICH HAD BARELY TOUCHED A DROP

"Well he'th not a very reliable thource, becauthe I wath drinking." Rich states.