Flashback

May's P.O.V-

So you are probably wondering why I traveled all the way here to Johto right? Well...

~Flashback~

There was a knock on my door. who could that be?

I opened the door and came face to face with none other than Drew Hayden.

"Dr-drew?" I had stuttered clearly shocked.

"Who else June?" he smirked and flipped his hair.

"My name is MAY! M-A-Y, MAY!" I screamed back at him.

"Chill. Don't get your bandana in a twist." He smirked back.

"What do you want anyway?" I spat back at him, clearly annoyed.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to Johto with m-me?" He stuttered and you can see a hint of hopefulness in his eyes. So not the Drew I know.

"After all that you've done to me? Forget it." I slammed the door on his face and went up to my room. I looked out the window to see his retreating figure. He looked rejected. Pain shot through my chest and I looked at the grass head as he disappeared from sight. I felt the tears uncontrollably fall from my eyes, and I fell to the floor crying hysterically. Arceus what have I done?! I always hoped that he would ask me that and now that he did I was completely rude and slammed the door on his face. After about 15minutes of crying. I washed my face and walked out the door getting ready to go to my favorite spot in the hopes of being comforted. I stopped when a felt something under my foot. I looked down and saw a rose. Not just any rose, one of drew's roses. Oh Arceus. What have I done? I ran crying leaving the smashed rose where it was.

An hour had passed and I was still crying by my favorite spot. It was a crystal clear lake with Apple trees and a single rose bush surrounding it. At night, Volbeat and Illumuise came out and did there little dance.

Days had passed, and I still wasn't back to normal. My brother was worried my mom too. My dad was never around. I knew Drew had long left to Johto and had probably had won a ribbon. Me? I am just a hot mess.

Like I had done every night, I went to my spot and watched the water ripple on the surface. Looks like the Volbeat and Illumuise did not come, again. Ever since Drew showed up I haven't seen one.

As I was staring sadly at the sunset on the water, tears slowly dripping down my face, a bright pink flash appeared at the surface. Jumping quickly to my feet I ran towards the lights. A floating figure emerged from the flash and landed in my arms. I looked down to see the creature and saw a very exhausted Mew. Yes a mew. After nursing the mew back to help using the knowledge Brock showed me, I began to ponder why it was here.

When mew woke up, it rushed over to me.

: may! Just who I was searching for!:

Wait how can I understand?

:telepathy silly. But there is no time for that you need to save drew from himself.:
"Why?"
: if you don't he will die and... Oh just let me show you.:

A blue flash blinded my vision and I looked down and saw that I was floating.

An image appeared. I watched in horror as I saw a man with green hair and a bisharp slash Drew in the stomach. As I kept watching the man looked as if though he was interrogating him for answers. I felt like someone had plunged a knife in my chest as the bis hard stab drew in the heart killing him. The man tore off his shirt and the bisharp slashed at his back as the man left I saw the mark that they had placed on his back. It was a P.

I sank to my knees and started sobbing. Though I am not sure how I sank to my knees considering the fact that I was floating.

I didn't notice that mew had brought me back to the present, for I had my face buried in my hands still sobbing.

:you see, this will be his fate:

"WHY? Why did you show me this?!"

:because only only you can prevent this.:

" How?! Are you crazy!?"

:actually, yes:

"What can I do? I'm just a pathetic emotional mess!"

:time will tell, in the meantime, go find drew. It's best to stick with him till you are needed.:

"After what I said? How will I be able to explain that?"

:I'm sure you fin away, now excuse me, I have to go play with a friend who I know is missing me.:

I made up an excuse to my parents about why I was leaving to Johto first thing in the morning. My mom told me how she just knew I would go and had already made a new outfit, my brother was suspicious and my dad, well he was still at the gym.

~end of ze flashback~

And so that is why I came here. To try and save drew. Though how can I go through, I still haven't talked to him yet, so how can I convince him to travel with me? I have just one more question, for now,

Why me?