Opportunity of a lifetime

First of all before we begin, this is an OLD book of mine that I previously took down more than a year ago, and completely out of date with my writing style. So if you hate what you see, odds are that I hate it more... Because I do. I am the biggest hater to this story lmao.

Secondly, although slowly, I'm doing a rewrite of this story in the form of a separate book, switching from being a reader insert, to an OC story. Plus a few narrative changes that include better Villain introductions, highly requested romance changes, and just a (hopefully) better plot all together, built upon what's here.

Lastly, this was a book that I expected to never bring to light again, until convinced otherwise recently. I will be blunt and say that this book specifically will be discontinued by the time all my old chapters are reuploaded, as my focus goes back to both the rewrite, and the stories I care for. If you want to see a continuation, it'll be through the new rewritten book that'll eventually come out. Or I can just tell you what happens if you ask lol.

Regardless of my feelings toward this story, I still hope you enjoy it anyway.

———————————————-

It all began in China, in Qingping City. There was news that a baby that gave off light was born. Ever since then, superpowers were discovered in various places, and time passed without the cause being identified.

In time, these powers would become universally known as Quirks. The world then became a superhuman society, where as of now, eighty percent of the world carried these Quirks.

But with these powers, chaos was inevitably trailing close behind. So then came the dream job everyone wished for as a kid. The path of becoming a Hero. And you bet I took that path.

So yeah, this is the story of how I became... like, the fourth or fifth top hero.

What? You thought I'd steal the whole damn plot or something? Of course Deku's the one who becomes the number one hero. I'm not the kinda overpowered guy that steals the show from others.

So, how'd I get to where I am today? Well it ain't like the others that graduated from U.A. In fact, I failed the entrance exam. Not a great start if you ask me.

How that happened was always a bit of a blur. Likely from how my Quirk works. Or at least how I used it back then. Regardless, I got an overall score of 29 in the practical exam, with the lowest passing score being 30. Yikes.

So what did I do after that? Well, my goal to become a hero never faltered, but failing that exam was the wake up call that I needed. It was then that I realised how far you really gotta go to reach a dream like that.

So I trained like my life depended on it. Worked around the limitations of my Quirk, and became... well, both an unstoppable force, and an immovable object. My friends words. Not mine.

But nothing really showed up that would get me into any sort of hero course this late into the school year. So I feared that I'll have to take the route of the vigilante.

But thankfully, as a motto that I've come to live by: Opportunities are always around the corner.

———————————————-

Within a darkened hallway, a buff figure stormed through the dark, towards a door emitting light from the other side. The man then called out.

???: I AM...