Showdown

In a game like this, the top will suffer more than the rest. Izuku Midoriya sits on a throne made up of ten million points. And whoever you end up teaming up with will try to dethrone him. Everyone will.

But how will he defend himself? Despite placing first, you've yet to see his Quirk in action... whatever it is. Focusing back on Midnight, she continues right where she left off.

Midnight: Now then, I will explain the rules of the cavalry battle. The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!

Yaoyorozu: Which means...

Sato: ...Since there are 42 people, there will be ten or twelve teams on the field the whole time?

Baguette boi: Thats tough.

(Y/N): I hate this game already.

Midnight: During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your Quirks. But it is still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose. You'll be removed immediately!

Bakugo: Damn.

Suddenly, from the screen behind Midnight, a timer appeared, starting at fifteen minutes.

Midnight: Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!

Immediately, everyone sets off to asking around for teammates. As you were about to set off, your body flashed a faint (F/C) light, indicating that your kinetic plating just repaired itself from the last game.

(Y/N): Welcome back. Coulda used you earlier.

You then look around, seeing who you could join. Nokogiri and Kaminari didn't make it into the cavalry battle, Sero and Kirishima are off bothering Bakugo, and both Sakamoto and Chikara are likely off teaming with their own classmates. Everyone else you didn't know enough about. This was gonna be a problem.

You kept racking your mind, trying to think of what you could do. Lucky enough though, the problem solved itself, as you felt a hand on your shoulder.

???: Hey.

Turning around, you came across one of the last people you expected to approach you.

Todoroki: Will you join my team?

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Kaminari crying on the sidelines.

Todoroki: I wouldn't invite you if it wasn't sincere. And a Quirk like Kaminari's would've slotted more smoothly into what I have planned.

This... was a team you never could've imagined yourself being a part of. Walking together, you, and the two recommended students of 1A, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu, were looking for the fourth member as Todoroki explained his plan.

Todoroki: Unfortunately, He never made it through. I would've been stumped if you didn't make a name for yourself, (L/N).

(Y/N): Well lucky me. But enlighten me a bit, cuz me and Kaminari have Quirks with no correlation whatsoever.

Todoroki: Like I said, you made a name for yourself. We all saw you act in that hostage situation ages ago. Pair that up with your performance in the race... for the most part, and I knew you'd be a valuable addition to my team. You have the capacity to defend us from the left side, no?