The path stretches on

Tsukauchi: This... was no accident.

The staff room of U.A let out no sounds but the eerie discussion between the police detective, and the weakened number one hero. Sitting on the coffee table were files and photos of a now deceased villain: Kesseki Shokubai. Also known as 'Rock Star'.

Tsukauchi: Approximately 48 hours ago, Shokubai was found in a... mutilated state. Tumours, punctured organs, even his own Quirk turning against him. And although the cameras were 'conveniently' out: Vitality monitors showed that what I just described is only the surface of what his last moments were like.

Toshinori: ...Everything in his body turned against him. This is definitely an outside sourced Quirk at hand.

Tsukauchi: *nods* The guard standing by during that moment has been taken into questioning, but I doubt a Quirk that removes the need to sleep on the user wouldn't do anything like this.

The detective then slides a photograph across the table.

Tsukauchi: This on the other hand...

Toshinori takes up the photo, seeing a close up on the Villains dead body. But he noticed something sticking out of his neck.

Toshinori: It looks like... a thorn?

Tsukauchi: It's the closest thing we had to link a Quirk to. Unfortunately upon removal, it turned to dust in an instant.

Setting the photo back down, the Hero let out a concerned sigh.

Tsukauchi: Given how far our suspect had to go to infiltrate Tartarus to kill some lackey goes to show that the hostage situation a few weeks back goes a lot deeper than we thought. The fact that someone had to tie loose ends means that the League of Villains might not be our only problem.

Toshinori: You suspect this is outside the leagues doing?

Tsukauchi: So soon after the USJ attack? I doubt it. Someone took the opportunity to link Rock Star to the league due to them being Japans biggest talk recently. But we're smarter than that. Whoever this is has another thing coming.

The detective begins packing his things.

Tsukauchi: I'll have myself and some other officers identify and question those with thorn related Quirks. Meanwhile, I heard you've got a busy day today?

Toshinori: Yeah. Four new students are arriving here at U.A. I think you should know one of them.

Tsukauchi: ...That (L/N) kid? He's really gone beyond recently, huh? But you think he can keep up with the others?

Toshinori: I don't just think so... I know he will.

———————————————-

The wardrobe door swung open, revealing a mirror on the doors inside. Within the mirror showed you in your new U.A uniform, with your grey blazer and red tie, you shot your self finger guns before slamming the wardrobe shut and snatching your school bag off the bed.

Running through the old Hero agency halls, you leap down the set of stairs into the lobby. After absorbing the impact of falling, you run straight for the door... until you got grabbed by the collar from behind.

(Y/N): *sigh* Mom... it's kinda a big day. You don't think I can hurry to school for once?

Mom: Oh please, we all know you can spare a minute to say goodbye.

You then turn to face her.

(Y/N): I'm only gone for like, a few hours. Y'know, like always?

Mom: I know... but... I think I still need to take in how far you've come recently. And you need to know how proud I am of you. In all honesty, I would've given up when I saw I failed the exam... but you never gave up on your dream. And I can never describe how happy that makes me. You'll do great things at U.A. And even greater things as a Hero.