Where to next?

Smoke was swirling in the air as you laid down on the cement battleground. Your Kinetic Plating surged red, littered with cracks as it was beyond its limit.

In the moment Todoroki sent a blast of flames at you, expanding the cold air and creating an explosion, you were seemingly down for the count as your Quirk was breaking.

(Y/N): It's your fault...

Horrible, yet familiar voices rung in your ears at your defeat.

(Y/N): *quietly* Shut up...

???: What... What are you saying?

(Y/N): It's your fault! It's your fault, Dad, that I'll never catch up and be a Hero!

(Y/N): *quietly* Don't say that...

???: (Y/N)... Think about this-

(Y/N): What's there to think about!? You ruined everything!

(Y/N): *quietly* You did that yourself...

You clenched your fists as energy started surging around you. The cracks in your Quirk were beginning to mend.

(Y/N): I hate you...

You punched the cement beneath you, remembering the exact words you yelled at your Dad after failing the entrance exam.

(Y/N): ...And I'll never become a Hero because of you!

Suddenly, the streak in your hair, glowing red from being at its limit, started shining brighter, and extending further into the air above you.

(Y/N): ...Yet look where you are now.

Slowly, you pushed yourself up off the floor, calling out to your opponent and ready to continue fighting. The overflowing kinetic energy shone through the dust and smoke as the audience held its breath. You slowly approached Todoroki as this... sudden burst of energy barely held itself together. It didn't make sense to you... but it didn't matter. You had to prove that you weren't the same, weak, and childish person you were before. To pretty much everyone. Bakugo... Shinso... Your Teachers... Your Dad... and most importantly....

Yourself.

Unfortunately, you couldn't hold this burst up for long, as your plating began breaking apart once more. Exhausted, tired, and straight up frustrated, you collapsed in defeat right next to Todoroki, staring in shock of the fight that could've been.

Words of encouragement drifted hopelessly in your head, as you were tearing up in the process of passing out.

Midnight: (L/N) is unable to continue! Todoroki moves on to the finals!

And then: Nothing.

———————————————-

Suddenly, all the way in Farbanti City, a screen showing off the battle between two Heroes is switched off, showing a trio of Villains in its reflection. The "unofficially named" RGB-Crew because of their colours.

The white haired boy Angelo sharply inhaled as he slowly looked over his shoulder at his boss.

Angelo: So... not the best first impression.

Standing behind the couch Angelo rested on, Discord looked down at him and sighed.

Angelo: L-Listen, I said that (L/N) kid is gonna be a great addition, and I still stand by that! Just give em another shot or something-