Work

Working with Lena was boring as hell. She had you sit on one of her desks as she worked on her prototypes. She had tried getting you to do your own thing in the lab but you refused. Breakfast might've been nice but that didn't mean she wasn't going to hurt you like those men and women from the facility. 

Lena's heart broke as she saw you looking down at the floor for the past couple of hours. She hated all those crazy rules that they set up for aliens and the different ways they engraved it to the minds of other aliens. She couldn't even imagine the horrors that you must have dealt with. As soon as she finished working on a section of a prototype, she stood up and walked up to you. Normally, she would stay until she had made several tests to make sure it was working but not this time. She couldn't work with you in that position. Lena had to find a way for you to be able to trust her. If that meant having to step away from her work, she was more than willing to do so. Lex can suck it if he was going to have a problem with it. 

"Lets go. We're getting out of here."

You stood up and followed her out of the building. Occasionally bumping into people as they purposely walked in front of you. Each time they did, you apologized like you had been told to do so. 

"What the hell?!"

All of a sudden, you feel a liquid spill on your shirt after bumping into a man. Your first reaction is to look up at the sound to see what had happened.

"Is she not trained!? Eyes down alien!"

You quickly look down, already shaking in fear of what was about to happen. 

Lena turns around at the commotion. Her eyes widen as she takes in the scene. Everyone was looking towards them, some of them even had their phones out. 

"She is. I'm sorry, I'll pay for the dry cleaning and a new suit. Come on, (fake name)."

Lena walks over to you, taking your head but you're pulled back by the man.

"That's not good enough. I want her punished. This was a $1,000 suit and that thing ruined it."

Lena was ready to snap this man in half but then she remembered Lex's words and the fact that there were several people recording. She could see you shaking. Lena had to deal with this quickly. 

"I'll punish her back home."

"No. Here is fine. What better way to teach her a lesson than doing it in public."

Lena could see that this man had clearly bumped into you on purpose. She was going to have to walk next to you from now on. 

"You can't really expect me to punish her for bumping into you when she can't even see."

"Are you implying that I bumped into her on purpose?!"

"I..."

"Lena, what is going on here?"

Lena turns around to find Lex coming out of the elevators. 

"I'll tell you what is going on here. That thing bumped into me and ruined my $1,000 suit. She is refusing to punish her. I'm going to report this to the authorities because she is clearly not capable of controlling her."

"Now, that's not necessary. Lena is very well capable of controlling her alien, right Lena?"

"Right."

She says through her teeth. 

"How about Lena lets you deal out the punishment. That way you'll be happy to see that she's being properly punished and Lena learns a thing or two about controlling an alien."

"I'll be happy with that."

"Lex.."

"Lena, let the man deal out the punishment so we can all go home."

Everyone was staring, Lena had no other choice but to remove her bracelet and hand it to the man.

"I'm sorry"

She whispers to you. 

You had really thought that Lena was going to get you out of this but as soon as you heard, Lex's voice, you knew there was no way out of this. You were going to get punished even if Lena didn't want you to. It made you rethink the whole Lena working for them but this could have also been set up by them. The people in the facility thought of everything, no doubt they used Lena to trick  you into believing the she was on your side. 

It's quiet for a moment and then suddenly, all everyone can hear is your scream as he shocks you. It doesn't stop for another 30 seconds. 20 more than they had ever given you at the facility. They always did 10 seconds to shock you, anything more and you would pass out. 

Lena rushed to your side as you fall to the floor. 

"Show's over! Go back to your desks!"

Lex yells to everyone when he sees you pass out. He holds out of his hand for the other man to give him Lena's wristband. 

"Job, well done. Lena needs to understand that she can't be soft with the alien."

He says to the man before walking to Lena. 

"Take her home. She'll be fine. Nothing she hasn't felt before."

Lena just clenches her jaw to keep herself from saying something. She motions for one of her drivers to help her out with you to take you back home. 

She thought thought that maybe Lex was on her side but after seeing what happened, she knew that he was working with the facility. No way that someone against them would smile at the sight of someone getting tortured. 

As she ran her fingers through your hair, she quietly promised herself to protect you no matter the cost.