The Supers

Despite everything stacked against them, Clark and Kara believed they made the best out of their situation. Clark had come to Earth first. Blending in with a couple that had taken him in despite his alien heritage. For the first 35 years of his life, he believed he had been the only Kryptonian left on Earth. He felt it was his duty as the Last Son of Krypton to continue their legacy and it worked out for the most part. Humans didn't fear him when he came out as Superman. They cheered in joy every time they saw him come to the rescue but that stopped as the years progressed. Governments started hating the fact that they couldn't control him. They didn't like how a single being could take entire governments down. All of them wanted for him to pledge himself to a nation to keep him in check. He wanted to do it just for the sake of the people but Lois stopped him. She knew governments couldn't be trusted and knew for the fact that they would use him as a weapon. No one was surprised when months later, every nation in the world introduced laws for aliens to turn themselves in. 

Kara came in around Clark's 35th year on Earth. He had been alerted by the Fortress of Solitude that there was something Kryptonian crashing down on Earth. In fear of the government taking control of it, Clark stopped it before the ship crashed. The two at first couldn't understand each other but made it worked with Kalex translating for the other person. Eventually Clark learned some Kryptonian and Kara learned English. They talked a lot about what had happened and what it was like to live on Earth. Kara begged to see her older sister but Clark had no idea what she was talking about. He had been a baby when they had shipped him off. Clark had promised to do his best to search for you while she stayed with a family. He wasn't in any position to take care of her so he decided it was best for Kara to stay with someone he could trust. Kara had been opposed to it. Saying that they were all they had left but Clark kept telling her she was better of with the family. Kara really had no say in any of it as she was 15 years old. Still a child in everyone's eyes. 

Living with the Danvers had been terrible at first. Alex hated her. She had been given babysitting duties by her parents to keep Kara in check and she didn't like it at all. Her parents worried that Alex might accidentally out Kara and told her everything that happened to aliens. How they were captured, taken in, experimented and then trained to practically be mindless drones. Alex might've been a bitch but she didn't wish that on anybody. Her attitude change instantly and grew closer to Kara. Having someone to trust, Kara told Alex about her life in Krypton. How much she missed her family and sometimes even saying she wished that she had died with them. It broke Alex's heart and made a promise to herself to always be there for Kara. The girl had already been through too much. 

X

The two of them grew closer as the years passed by. Alex had Kara's back and Kara had Alex's back. It's why Alex had been opposed to the whole Kara becoming Supergirl. She didn't want for her sister to be hunted down like Clark. Alex had even enlisted Clark's help but Kara refused to listen to anyone. Simply saying that her gifts were meant to help people. And she did. She helped people as much as she could despite the various of attempts to bring her down. There were a couple of times she had run in with the law but had thankfully escaped without any problems. She knew there was really no threat to her from anyone except for one man, Lex Luthor. Clark had warned her that Lex wanted to kill them both. That his entire life was now  dedicated to bringing the two of them down. Kara took Clark's threat seriously and made sure to keep her head down in and out of her suit. It worked for the most part, she had never run into him and she was grateful. Lois would always tell her stories about Clark almost dying because of that man. 

Since she hadn't hear anything about Lex for the past couple of weeks, Kara had decided to fly around the city to stretch out her limbs. It had been a while since she freely flew in the city without the threat of Lex killing her. She was just on her way home when she spotted the sign that Lena had made. Checking the time to see that she still had two hours left, she sped to Alex.