Chapter One - Lee He-Ran

^He-Ran^

It's been a long night. I was walking cautiously through the city of Seoul. I was honestly scared to death. I had no weapon to defend myself. I could be bitten at any given moment. If you were wondering, I'm basically in a zombie apocalypse.

About 12 hours ago, there was a news report about a zombie outbreak. Most of the city has been taken over by zombies by now and I'm on the run. I'm surprised I haven't seen a soul yet. I want to know at least one person is alive. I don't know what happened to my family...

I fear for the worst. I have no food, so that makes things so much better. I wasn't wearing the best clothes for this weather either. A thin skintight long sleeved shirt and jeans that are ripped. It was cold outside too. How did I end up this way?

I was at my friend's house and all of the sudden, a zombie broke her window and got into the house. There was no time to grab out jackets, so we all ran for our lives...

•Flashback•

Saki and I were both walking the streets until she was grabbed by a zombie from behind and she started screaming I attempted to save her, but I was too late... She was already bitten by the zombie. She was my only friend left... I've lost everything at this point...

End of Flashback•

I stopped in my tracks and one tear fell from my left eye. I wiped it away and continued to walk. I needed to move since it was getting really dark outside. I needed to find shelter. I looked around and found a random house that looked ok to me.

I walked into the house cautiously. The door creaked open. I looked through the house very carefully, because who knows where a zombie could be. As soon I was done checking the house, it seemed ok for the night. I looked around the house to find food.

I opened the refrigerate and saw a ton of food. I looked around for a bag to put the stuff I find along the way of my survival journey. And now, I needed to find a weapon. I went up the stairs and looked through the bedrooms. I found a pocketknife. I knew pocket knives were not the best weapons, but it would have to do for now.

As soon as I walked down the stairs, I realized how big of a mistake that was since a zombie jumped onto me and was super close to biting me. I started to push it's head back with my one hand. My hands were shaking to death, but I had to do something. I used the knife to stab it's back, but it wouldn't do.

"HELP ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and continued to stab the zombie. The zombie finally weakened a little and I pushed it off me. I started running away from the house, but more zombies came charging after me.

"HELP!" I cried as I ran. Honestly at this point, I thought I was going to die. These zombies ran as fast as a human could. It wasn't like that in the movies though. Tearing came running down my cheeks and then I heard gun shots.

I turned around quickly to see all the zombies that were chasing me were one the ground. I fell to my knees and thanked God that happened. My hands weren't as shaky no more. I started to calm down.

But who was the person who killed the zombies? I looked around and then I saw a tall figure walking toward me. I couldn't really see his face. "Get up," The man said. I got up slowly. I tried taking a good look at his face. I could see he had a wound on his nose.

He was wearing a yellow and black flannel with a black jacket over it. His Jean's were black and ripped. His hair was obviously dyed red. He grabbed my wrist and started running. "Wha- Where are you taking me?!" I asked.

He stopped and looked at me like a glare almost. "Are you insane? We can't just stand here. Zombies are everywhere," He said and we started running again.

We got to this shed like thing. It was our shelter for now, I guess. Big enough for a group to stay in. He let got of my wrist. "So, they're not back yet..." He muttered. "There's more people?" I asked.

"Yes," He answered and then he stared at my hand. My hand had a knife in it. "Let me see the knife," He said. I hesitated to give the knife to his. He observed the knife and said, "It's dull. Won't do any good," and then he threw the knife like it was trash.

"Why did you take me?" I asked. "Because," He answered. "Why?" I asked. "Someone needed to shut up," He said coldly. "I needed help..." I mentioned. "That's why I saved you. To shut up," He said. This guy is cold, I thought as I went over to a random chair. Even though we were in shelter, it was still cold in there.

Remember, I don't have a jacket, so I am struggling a bit. Then, the door opened. I saw a guy with dark brown hair. He was carrying wood near the fire pit and dropped it near there. "Who's this?" The man asked. "Some random girl I found screaming for help," The red haired boy answered.

"Wow, you didn't ask for her name?" The brown haired boy ask. "Didn't have time," The redhead answered. The brown haired boy sighed and lazily sat down on the ground, leaning against the wall. "Well, I'm Sehun. The guy that saved you is Chanyeol," The boy answered. "I'm He-Ran," I greeted. Then, the boy dozed off.

"He's the youngest out of our group... How old are you?" He asked. "25," I answered. "So, you're Kai and Sehun's age. I'm 27," He mentioned. I was really tired. I didn't really want to talk anymore. "You look tired," Chanyeol said. "Yeah, it's been a long 12 hours..." I said as I rubbed my left eye.

"Get some rest, I'll keep watch and... Here's an extra gun I found," He said as he handed the gun to me. I kept the gun close to me. He walked out of the shed and stood out there. I went and sat against the nearest wall and took a nap.

A/n: Well, hope you liked the first chapter of this book. This is my first book on anyone from EXO... So yeah.