Chapter 6 - Confusion

A/N: To be honest, I'm pretty happy with what I've done with this book so far, because I'm not with the other books I've written. You probably don't care 🤗

After that little nightmare, I was calmed down by Baekhyun, because Chanyeol is just not that good at calming down people. "Stop crying, Four Eyes!" He said while I was still scared half to death. "I can't..." I sobbed. "Let me take care of her," He forced me to stop hugging Chanyeol, "It was just a bad dream. We won't ever leave you alone, sweetie," Baekhyun said in a soft voice.

Chanyeol crossed his arms and had a disappointed look on his face. "I was doing just fine," Chanyeol said. He took me away from Baekhyun and hugged me from behind, but it was very comfortable. I was still sitting in bed. "You guys can let me go," I said with a sniffle.

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun asked. "Yes, I'm going to bed now," I said and laid down on my back. "Goodnight," Baekhyun said and also Chanyeol surprisingly said goodnight too. "Goodnight," I yawned and slowly went back to sleep.

◇Chanyeol◇

I walked downstairs and went outside. I saw Sehun leaning against the wall. "I knew you'd come out here," Sehun said. "How?" I stuttered. "Because, the look on your face says everything. You're confused," He said. "How?" I stuttered again. "When you look at her, you always seem confused. Even when you tried to comfort her," He mentioned.

"How did you know I comforted her? You weren't even in the room..." I said. "I know what you're thinking when you're away... Powers..." He said. It kinda freaked me out. Then, he got close to my face, "So, what you thinkin' bout?" He asked.

"Uh..." I stuttered. "You're stuttering a lot," He said as he raised a brow. I scratched my nape. "Are you thinking about... He-Ran?" He asked. My eyes grew wide. I was in shock. "You're so easy to read, Chanyeol. I think you-" I cut Sehun off. "I don't know- I think- I..." I stopped for a moment, then spoke again, "I'm confused... What is she doing to me?" I asked.

"I don't know. You tell me," He said, crossing his arms. I don't know the answer honestly. "It's your emotions, not mine," He said and walked back into the house. "Isn't it weird that there have barely been zombies here...?" I asked myself and looked up at the sky.

I sighed and walked back into the house. "Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked. "I'm good," I pushed Baekhyun away, not literally. I didn't want to be outside for too long. What if I attracted zombies? We wouldn't want that. "I'll patrol tonight with Kyungsoo," Chen said to Suho. Thank god it's not my turn. I sat on the couch and stared at the fire, deep in my thoughts.

"Baekhyun, you bitch..." I murmured.

~He-Ran~

"Suho!" I yelled as I saw a giant gash on his leg. It was just revealed. He was hiding it the whole time. "It's nothing He-Ran. Don't worry about it," He said. "But you're hur-" He cut me off. "It'll heal quickly," He said and I knew he was lying. He didn't sound convincing. He is my leader after all, so I should worry about him.

"Let me help you," I said as I took the bandana I had on my wrist off. He shoved my hand away, "No, Chanyeol will get mad," He mentioned. I was shocked to hear Chanyeol's name. He wouldn't care or would he...? "Why would he care?" I asked. "He's strange. Anyway, we should head back," Hem mentioned. He didn't limp, so I guessed he was fine? But still, I was worried. I was on a mission with Suho to find more food... No luck.