Chapter Three - Run

At one point I did fall asleep. That night, Kai kept watch. Something I noticed about Kai was that he played with his knives a lot. It made me think that...

Earlier...

"Why are you still up?" Kai asked. "Not very tired," I answered. "I'm honestly super tired," He mentioned and threw a knife at the wall. He looked like he was skilled with knives. "I don't think you shouldn't do that to the wall. This isn't the most sturdy place..." I mentioned.

"You're right," He said while looking at me, He had another knife in his hand. He turned toward me and grabbed something out of his bag. Then, he started using the knife to sharpen it. "Are you into knives?" I asked. "Yeah, I collect them and I throw them. It's a skill of mine," Kai said.

"That's interesting. At least you have a fighting technique," I said with a warm smile. "Yeah..." He said. "What was your life like before all this?" I asked. "I was apart of a gang," He started to unbutton half of his shirt and showed me the gang sign on his chest to the right.

"EXO?" I asked. "Yes, but the only thing were really did was fight other gangs. No killing," He said as he buttoned up his shirt. "Is it a hobby?" I asked. "Yeah, I like the way they look. I have one knife that's worth $1,000," He mentioned. "That's a lot of money," I said amazed. "I saved up. Took about 3 years, I think..." He said.

Then, he looked at the fire, "... You should got to bed," He suggested. "You're right..." I said and yawned I stretched out my arms and laid down and went to sleep. "You forgot to take off your glasses," Kai mentioned. I reached for my glasses and set them beside me, then went to sleep finally.

Now...

When I woke up, I put on my glasses. Everyone was there. "We should probably make breakfast," Kyungsoo mentioned. He opened his and took out a pot. He grabbed Chanyeol's bag since he had mostly food in there. He grabbed the ramen and a couple water bottles. The He grabbed stuff that you would basically use for camping to make the noodles.

"Why do you have camping supplies?" I asked. "I go camping sometimes... Well, we kinda have to all the time now," He answered. "And how did you know an apocalypse was coming?" I asked. "It was on TV," He answered. Then, I remembered that how I knew there was an apocalypse before it was reported on TV. I also had a flashback to when I was on the run.

"How did you guys find this place?" I asked. "When we were younger, we would come here. We thought this place would be safe for us, so we are staying here until something bad happens," He answered as he started to put the ramen in the pot. It's been a couple days since I had an actual meal. We do have a lot of food, but we had to save some, so we didn't run out quickly.

Chanyeol and Chen were keeping watch outside for us and Chanyeol decided to walk in. "Ramen? Sounds good to me," He said with a huge grin. "It'll be done in a minute," Kyungsoo mentioned. And a minute later, it was done. He put the ramen in the bowls for us and we started eating up.

Chanyeol and Chen went back outside after they were done eating to keep watch. I didn't like the part where I wasn't helping them, except the part where I was new company to them. I walked outside with my gun in hand and went stood in between Chanyeol and Chen. "What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked.

"I haven't done anything yet, so I'm going to help keep watch," I stated. "Do you even know how to shoot a gun?" He asked. Chen punched his shoulder lightly and gave him a look. "To he honest, not really," I said annoyed a little. "Why are you out here if you can't?" He asked. "I don't need to repeat myself," I answered and we stopped talking.