Chapter 9 - Xiumin

A/n: So, some of you have been wondering where Xiumin was and the reason why he wasn't in this story so far was because he was in the military, but then I remembered that Kyungsoo was also in the military and he's on this story, which doesn't make sense why he's here if Xiumin is not. Don't worry, I was planning to put Xiumin in the story, I just didn't know when, so yeah...

We were all sleeping that night, then we heard a big bang at the door. The guys got up quickly and went toward the door.
"Who's there?! " Chanyeol asked.
"Guys, it's me! " I heard a new voice. Everyone turned on the lights. I saw a new figure. I haven't seen him before.
"Xiumin?! Where have you been? " Suho asked.

"Well, you know, I was in the military... " He mentioned.
"Oh yeah... You were the good boy of our group, " Chanyeol said with a smile.
"You say as if that was a bad thing! " Xiumin said.
"Well, it's a good thing that you're here, " Seven said while sitting in a chair with his legs crossed. He was sipping his tea.

"What are you doing, Sehun? " Xiumin asked.
"Oh, you know me, " Sehun said as he took another sip. Xiumin looked at him as if he was weird.
"So, what has happened? " Xiumin asked everyone. While Xiumin was getting caught up, Baekhyun sat next to me.

"I'm sorry about yesterday... " He said.
"It's ok, " I said.
"It's really not. I stole your first kiss and I shouldn't have, " He said.
"We get a little weird sometimes, " I mentioned.
"I guess we all do... " He said.
"So, you must be He-Ran? " Xiumin asked and I turned around quickly.

"Yes I am, nice to meet you, " I said with a smile.
"Have you seen Lay? " Baekhyun asked. Xiumin shook his head.
"I haven't seen him anywhere. I bet he's still in China, " Xiumin answered and went back to the others. Not much of an introduction, but I understand I guess.

It was pretty dark outside.
"Well, who's patrolling tonight? " Suho asked. I guess no one was scheduled.
"I will, " Baekhyun said. Chanyeol got up too.
"I will too, " Chanyeol said and they both walked outside.

"You must be hungry, Xiumin? " Kyungsoo asked.
"Yes, " He answered and Kyungsoo started making him something. I went over to Xiumin. I wanted to know what happened, while he was gone.
"Can I ask you where you've been? " I asked.

"Well, I should tell everyone this, since I haven't told anyone yet. I was doing my military service, then we had to make shelter for people, which was successful for a while, but then zombies attacked the shelter and I was one of the survivors. I saved a couple people from that attack, but they died not too long after... " After he was done explaining, he had a sad look on his face. Everyone gathered around, except Chanyeol and Baekhyun, because of patrol.

"I'm sure it wasn't your fault..." I said.
"It was, because I wasn't up to protect them, " He said.
"Why weren't you up...?" I asked.
"Because they encouraged me to rest... And I shouldn't have listened... " He explained. I could see tears forming in his eyes. I hugged him, despite not knowing him well.

"It's ok, you just did what they wanted and what they thought was best for you, " I said softly. We were hugging for a while. Kyungsoo handed Xiumin his bowl.
"Sometimes it's good talking about your problems, " I mentioned and he nodded.
"Yeah, I guess so... Thanks for listening to me, " He said with a sad smile.

"You're welcome, " I said as I smiled back.
"I'd like to ask one question, what did they do after they were attacked by zombies? " I asked.
"Well, they didn't turn into zombies immediately... It was odd, because you'd  think they would, because that's what my superiors told me and the news did too, " He said as he took a bite out of his food.

"I guess it's an advantage to run away... Where were you while all this happened? " I said.
"Well, we were in a building with multiple rooms and I was in my room while they were being attacked..." He explained.
"Ah, I see. It's starting to make more sense, " I said.

"Yeah, I guess was a little vague when I first explained the story, " He said, while wiping his tears away.
"How'd you find us? " I asked.
"Well, I seen someone walk in and thought maybe they'd help and it turned out to be you guys when I walked in, " He said.

"Ok, I'm understanding a little bit more, " I said.
"You're really nice, good thing you guys found a girl, " He said with a mischievous grin on his face. I looked at him shocked.
"Xiumin, now is not the time for saying bullshit, " Chen said while you can see that he laughed a little. Everyone else laughed while my face felt warm.

"Aww, now she's blushing!" Xiumin mentioned.
"Please stop, " I said while covering my face in embarrassment.
"Well, you got to get in a little laugh in these hard times, " Sehun mentioned while sipping his tea.
"Sehun, quit wasting the tea! " Suho scolded.
"I'm not wasting if I'm drinking it, " Sehun said.

"Well, there's other people too who want tea, " Suho mentioned, but Sehun was sipping away. Everyone started to laugh. It was a good night that night. I haven't laughed like that in a while. I'm so grateful to meet these guys.

A/n: I know this was a shorter chapter, but I really don't know what exactly to write. I had an idea before, but then I didn't know when to start it... I was going to make Baekhyun an insane character, but then I thought maybe not... Anyway, Chanyeol came out with a new song called Yours and it's good. I enjoyed it. Sorry I haven't updated in a while.