034

BILLY HARGROVE was on something, that much was painfully obvious

BILLY HARGROVE was on something, that much was painfully obvious. The nefarious teen was sweating so profusely that he'd put a whore in church to shame. His eyes were also so dilated and out of focus that even the phrase 'tripping balls' couldn't thoroughly encapsulate his present condition.

And, Ana could feel another migraine coming on.

After watching the utterly trashed Hargrove stumble down from the guard tower, pinballing off patrons on his way to the showers, Ana had instructed Heather to go check on him. She really didn't feel as though she had the capacity to deliver a 'Mom speech' that afternoon.

That quickly proved to be a poor choice, seeing as neither teen resurfaced from the locker room within a reasonable timeframe.

'These fucking teenagers,' Ana thought. They were probably out there banging in the facilities, knowing Hargrove and how easily girls seemed to fall for his charms.

All the showers were running, that was the first thing Ana noticed as she entered. Not only was the constant sound of incessantly streaming liquid merging to replicate static, but the water flooding over the tiles covered her feet as she stepped forward. There was another noise though, just barely perceivable over the showers, and it sounded like...scuffling?

"Hargrove? Heather?" Ana called out into the room, but no one verbally answered. However, the rustling noise ceased immediately as she spoke, and while she wasn't keen on catching them in the act, she had to be sure.

Venturing further into the showers, the water pooled around Ana's feet, sloshing with every forward step she took.

The first stall she came to was empty, as were the second and third, but as Ana rounded the fourth, a figure bolted towards her. There was a flurry of indiscernible movement, flashed of a body scurrying past her quickly, before Ana found herself thrust back into the adjacent wall. Her head hit the tiles with a sickening crack before everything went black.

This wasn't reality, that was the first thought Ana had. She'd never been in a place such as this, and couldn't fathom why there would ever be need for one.

The entire room was empty, dark, but there seemed to be a light emanating from above, though she couldn't identify the source. The floor was covered in a thin layer of water, and it sloshed up around her, just like it had done in the locker room, as she wandered around the seemingly vacant, and endless space.

Water, that's right, Ana had been searching the showers for Hargrove and Heather when she'd been knocked over. She assumed this crafty delusion was the product of her following unconsciousness, what else could it be?

There was no way to measure time there, though. The darkness was consuming, and the silence deafening. She'd just have to wait until she woke up, or...something happened.

With nothing more to do that wait, she'd sat down on the damp floor cross-legged. She was still clothed in her lifeguard attire after all, and, honestly, wet clothes were the least of Ana's concern while trapped in some dark abyss.