Chapter. 1

Charlotte's POV.

I got dressed for school and ate my breakfast, my mom was gone to work earlier this morning and Noah was with the sitter so I had the whole house to myself, well for a while anyway. I took out my phone and saw a text from Maddie.
Hey Char was wonderin if you wanna come 2 mine after skool. I smiled I was glad just to know that I can tell my best friend about the terrible night I had without her judging me.
Yeah I'll be there I'll just tell my mom I've got study group she's @ work so much she wont even no :-) 

I put my phone on silent and put it in my bag. My mom doesn't like Maddie because she's 19 and so sure she's not exactly a clean record kind of person but she's good to me and she understands me.

After a boring day of school I headed to Maddie's apartment. "Hey" I said throwing my schoolbag down by her door.

"Hey how was school?" she asked jokingly.

"Do I even need to answer that one?" I laughed and she smiled I sat on the couch and she handed me a glass. It was filled almost to the top with vodka.

"Go on try it, it's just a little, come on you're always talking about how you can't wait to turn 18 so you can drink" she said and it was true, I did want to but I knew I'd be in big trouble. I took a sip and it was actually pretty tasty. I had another cup full before deciding to stop.

"Shar there's a party tonight at 10 and I think you'd like it wanna go?" she asked.

"Sure but I gotta come up with a lame excuse first" I sighed and she laughed.

"Alright just text me if you're coming" she said and I nodded heading home.

Olivia's POV.

I sat at my desk working on some case but it all seemed so distant, El and I have never worked a more boring case. "Liv you OK?" Nick asked from his desk.

"Yeah I'm fine just... thinking"

"Is this about Charlotte?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah she said she had study group and now she's going to a sleepover to do a project" I sighed.

"Ahh the studying excuse, Kathleen used that the most, but don't worry she probably just snuck our to one of those discos but you know the stupid ones where you don't have to be 18" he said but that wasn't easing my mind, just the way he said it made it seem to much like he thought too hard about what to say.

"Under 18 discos" Fin muttered.

"Please she's probably out getting high with her friends" Munch said and now I was worried why does John always have to be so out there.

"She doesn't do drugs and neither do her friends for that matter" I said, insulted by the fact that he was calling my daughter something SHE IS NOT!

"I'm not talking about those friends I'm talking about those friends, the other friends, the friends she doesn't want you to know about" he said and now I was really REALLY worried

"Other friends?"

"Yeah you know the drug suppliers they're usually older" he said and Elliot gave him an annoyed look.