Chapter. 2. better to be safe than sorry.

Charlotte's POV.

"Understood what?"

"Nothing" I said biting my lip.

"Tell me" she said softer now.

"You're never there mom, work always comes first actually everything comes first, Noah, Calvin, Elliot"

"What? You're my daughter of course you're my top priority"

"No I'm not"

"Noah's only been here a few weeks and I never see Calvin anymore I mean I visited him two months ago but what does that have to do with anything. I don't think this is about Calvin or Noah or Elliot, I think this is about you. You're mad at me because I never let you see your father, well he's in prison now where he belongs" she said and I was shocked I didn't understand why he could be in prison.

"What?" I asked making sure I heard correctly.

"Prison"

"Why" I asked and got no reply. "Mom!" I still got no reply. "I don't care if he's in prison I wanna meet him, he can't be that bad you slept with him for god sake" I said.

"You're grounded"

"But mom.."

"Grounded" I knew there was no point in fighting she always wins when it comes to these sorta things.

I sat in my room just doing nothing, I had a history project but of course I wasn't going to do it. I'd just make up some excuse like "I'm so sorry but see one of the detectives on my mom's squad was shot and I had to go with my mom to the funeral..." with my other teachers they'd say "couldn't you do it after the funeral?" but my history teacher's father was in the army and she's always trying to relate to me. My mom's with the NYPD so it's not like she's going anywhere.

History class - Charlotte's POV.

I didn't even have to give the project excuse because I didn't realise that it wasn't due for another week. "Alright class open your books on page 127 and" just then the principal walked in followed by Nick?

Sorry but half of the chapter was deleted but basically Charlotte's under protection! :-)