Then : first words

Faith, 8 months old

The Cullen coven was buzzing with excitement, Faith was at the age where a baby would start to make they're first sounds and not crying or whining, or laughing.

No they'd start to make small sounds like 'ooh', and 'aho', trying to form words.

But Faith sadly, hasn't said a thing, which had everyone worried. Carlisle had done a few texts and things that she's just being stubborn and to give it time and that she'd talk when she's ready.

Currently, everyone, except Edward was sitting in the living room doing they're own thing. Carlisle and Esme were playing chess, Rosalie was reading a magazine, Alice was online shopping on her laptop and Emmett and Jasper were playing a video game on the Xbox, and Faith was playing with her toys on the floor, gurgling away, causing the family to coo every once in a while.

Edward, had walked in, hoping to play the piano hoping to let some of the frustration he felt, however that was quickly ruined when he saw it staring up at him.

He glared at the infant, and sat down on the bench, trying out a few keys on the piano. But every time he tried to play something he would always stop, feeling eyes pirce into his skin, leaving him distracted.

Sighing heavily he looked down, to see Faith looking at him in wonder, her eyes always shifting between him and the piano. A thought passed through his head, and played one of the soft keys, causing Faith to coo softly at the same time as the music note.

His lips twitching ever so slightly, Edward did it again with another key, causing Faith to do the same thing. Making Edward smile slightly. He did this for a little while, Faith always repeating the same time as the key.

After a few moments of seeing what was happening, Esme cooed at her grandchild. Edwards smile smile disappeared and he got up to leave causing Faith to cry loudly.

Turning a glance back at her, Faith was looking directly at him while being held in Esme's arms, her little fist reaching out to him.

He was about to walk away again when a soft voice cut in. "Ed..."

Everyone froze and looked to the youngest Cullen. "Edvawd" Faith said a little louder.

Everyone cheered, however Rosalie and Emmett looked slightly jealous but very happy that Faith had finally spoke.

Edward was in shock. She had said his name, his name!, Why his, he hated her, why couldn't she say, mom, or dad, or Jasper seeing as how she got very attached to him very quickly.

He felt something in his chest, a warm feeling he hadn't felt since he was human, which frightened him slightly, but pushing that feeling inside he left the room,

But not without a small smile on his face....

Maybe she isn't as horrible as he thought

-----------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is so short, thank you guys for all your support and lovely comments,

Love you guys so much

😍♥️♥️