{Ten: Love?}

CORBYN Tuesday 7 pm

I get out the shower and put on my uniform for work. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I walk out the bathroom and look in my mirror.

I look back on my bed to see Noah asleep.

She stayed a few nights because she didn't want to be alone, I didn't want her to be alone.

I also enjoyed her staying with me. My bed felt less empty and the nights were warmer than before.

I grab my bag and put the book in it. I look at Noah laying on my bed once again and I smile, walking over to her.

I lean down and kiss her forehead, as I smile and walk downstairs. I walk out the front door and walk to work.

I walk inside and up to the front desk, where Bierce was sitting.

"Did you read the first 2 chapters?" she asks as I nod and she does too.

"Explain what's happening." she demands in a soft tone as I nod and sit on the counter.

"In the beginning, Chase Hudson seems unhappy when he's making love with his girlfriend Marietta Trent. Once she falls asleep, he leaves and on his way home, he bumps into Olivia Rush, who almost falls into the street. He instantly falls for her and she was, like you said, feisty and in a rush." I explain as she nods.

"He tried to introduce himself but she had no time to and ran off. As the days passed he became unhappy with Marietta. He tries to change himself when he sees her talking to guys way out of his style, and Marietta noticed."

"Chase didn't tell her about it and he never spent time with her anymore. At night he...spent his time thinking about Olivia and...well... you know.." I say as Bierce chuckles and nods.

"Good, Corbyn. Has anything happened with the girl lately?" she asks.

"We went on a second date. It went good and she spent the night at my house. Nothing happened...but she slept on my chest and I didn't want to let her go." I say as she smiles.

"What position did you lay in?" she asks.

"She was on my chest, with her hand on my abs and her leg across my waist. I had my arm around her waist and I rubbed her thigh."

"You two are close. Go on a 3rd date on Friday. Go somewhere different, were you won't be interrupted." she says as my face heats up.

"B-Bierce... I don't know about this...it's only been a few weeks. I don't think I want to try again. What if she lost interest in it..?" I ask as she scoffs.

"Blasphemy!" she shouts, causing me to jump.

"Of course she didn't lose interest!" 

I sigh, looking down, and Bierce sighs too, moments after.

"Are you in love with this girl Corbyn?" she asks after moments of silence and I look at her.

"I don't even know what love is..." I say, looking at her, as she looks back at me with empathy and I start walking away, humiliated by everything happening.