Chapter Eight: Promise

Lizzy's P.O.V. 

I put two cheese pizzas on a table. The kids cheered. I felt a birthday balloon hit me on the head. I sighed. then walked away.I always got hit during birthday parties. It never hurt, but it did annoy me. 

I looked up at the animatronics one more time, specifically Bonnie. I felt as if he was always looking at me. As if he was saying 'You got lucky this time, but you're gonna die tonight.' I shivered, then ran away from the stage. 

I walked into the East Hall. To my surprise, Sara was there. She was looking at the newspaper on the wall. One hand was holding a mop. The other was by her side, curled up in a fist. I stood next to her and read the piece of paper. 

Kids vanish at local pizzeria- bodies not found

Two local children were reportedly lured into a back room during the late hours of the operation at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza on the night of June 26th. While video surveillance identified the man responsible and led to him captured the following morning, the children themselves were never found and presumed dead.
Police think that the suspect dressed as a company mascot to earn the children's trust.   

I gasped. Sara looked over her shoulder, and at me. I could see a tear forming in her eye. 

"W-What's wrong?" I asked.

She fully turned around, then looked at the ground. "I-I just feel so sorry for those children..."

"W-Wow. I never knew you were so soft and caring."

"It's not that. I know how it feels to be kidnapped. It's an awful feeling. And to think these children felt the same way..."

My eyes widened. "W-W-What? What happened?"

She sighed. "When I was ten, I went to the park with my mom. While I was swinging, some man grabbed me and stuffed me in a potato sack. I woke up in a room with three other girls. Two looked older than me, the other looked way younger.

"The youngest screamed and cried loudly. The man shot her three times. One time in the chest, one in the stomach, and one in the head. She fell on my lap and bled to death.

"The second oldest tried to fight back, but that led to the man slitting her throat. The oldest untied my ropes behind my back and around my ankles. I ran away before the man could notice. I heard a gun shot, and I knew the girl had died.

"The man came back out and pointed the gun at me. I fell to my knees and started crying. T-The police came and hand-cuffed the man. The-, they took me to the police station and asked a bunch of questions." She buried her face into her hands and began to cry.

"A-And, when I left the room, m-my parents were in the waiting room. T-T-They were crying so much, a-and when they saw me, they ran towards me and hugged me so tight I-I thought they'd break me. A-And, that's when I realized how much they actually cared about me, and..."

That's when she broke. Her words were engulfed by sobs. I hugged her, and she cried into my shoulder.

"Shh... Shh... It's okay." I said, rubbing her back. "A-At least you're alive."

Sara looked at me and forced a smiled. "T-Thanks Lizzy." She said. "Just don't tell anyone. Promise?"

I nodded, then held up my pinky. "Promise."