Chapter Nine: Sacrifice

Lizzy's P.O.V. 

I ran back into the office. Twelve AM was just a couple minutes away. Sara, Xavier, Jake and Kaitlyn followed me in. I looked at Sara. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened to her. 

Kaitlyn picked up the tablet and sat in the chair. Jake pulled out his phone and started playing on it. I yawned. Not sleeping for a few days was really starting to hit me. I started playing the message to keep myself awake. 

''Hello, hello? Hey you're doing great! Most people don’t last this long. I mean, you know, they usually move on to other things by now. I'm not implying that they died. Th-th-that’s not what I meant. Uh, anyway I better not take up too much of your time. Things start getting real tonight.

Uh... Hey, listen, I had an idea: if you happen to get caught and want to avoid getting stuffed into a Freddy suit, uhh, try playing dead! You know, go limp. Then there's a chance that, uh, maybe they’ll think that you're an empty costume instead. Then again if they think you're an empty costume, they might try to... stuff a metal skeleton into you. I wonder how that would work. Yeah, never mind, scratch that. It's best just not to get caught.

Um... Ok, I'll leave you to it. See you on the flip side."

Sara's eyes were wide. "W-What does he mean by 'Things start getting real tonight'? I thought it was already real enough!"

Xavier shrugged. "Let's just get through the night. Kaitlyn, how are the cameras doing?"

"Uh, Chica's gone, other than that we're fine." Kaitlyn answered.

He nodded. "Good. Just keep checking the cameras and preserve power. And NOBODY LEAVE THE OFFICE! I'm looking at you, Jake."

"Hey!" Jake whined.

I rolled my eyes. "Where's Chica?"

"Uh... In the dining room." Said Kaitlyn.

"Ah."

Sara began biting her nails again. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her hand away. "Stop biting your nails! I don't want you to get an infection!"

"I- Sorry." Said Sara. She shoved her hands in her pockets. 

I smiled, then let go of her wrist. 

"Erm, Chica's getting close. Like, really close." Said Kaitlyn.

Jake nodded, then put his phone away. He pressed the door light button, but nothing happened. All we heard was a clicking sound. He pressed harder, but the same thing happen. He punched the button as hard as he could.

Nothing.

My palms became sweaty. Kaitlyn put the camera down and slowly walked towards the door. I looked down the West Hall. Suddenly, I heard someone scream. I turned around, and my eyes widened.

Chica was right in front of Kaitlyn, and about to grab her. 

I knew this was it. Everything went in slow motion. Kaitlyn was going to die. That was now a solid fact.

"NO!!!"

I recognized the voice. It was Sara. She suddenly shoved Kaitlyn out of the way and took her place. She crashed into the metal drawers, leaving a dent in them. Suddenly, it went from slow motion to sped up. Chica grabbed Sara, and they disappeared into the darkness. 

"SARA! NO!!" I screamed, then ran into the East Hall. Xavier grabbed me. I struggled more than ever.

"Lizzy, stop!" Said Xavier.

"I CAN'T! SARA'S GONNA FREAKING DIE!"

We fought for about ten seconds. I kicked him in the shins and clawed at his arms. He even started bleeding. I kept screaming, and he kept telling me to stop.

"SHE'S GONE!" Xavier finally shouted. 

I looked up at him. Tears were forming in his eyes. I had never seen him so serious. That's when I knew Sara was dead. 

I collapsed onto him. and broke down crying. "W-We were d-doing s-so well!"

He began to rub my back. "It's okay, Lizzy. I know it's devastating, but we'll have to carry on."

I nodded, then walked back into the office with him. Jake and Kaitlyn had broke down crying. I was surprised Xavier hadn't already. 

He let me go, then picked up the tablet. "It's four AM. We're getting close."

"It's all my fault..." Kaitlyn sobbed. 

"D-Don't say that, Kaitlyn." Said Jake. 

I sat next her, and put my arm around her. "Only two more nights, Kaitlyn. We'll be just fine."

___________________________________

Hello guys! I have good news: I'm entering this in the Fanfic Wattys 2014! It'd be awesome if you could vote or comment or be awesome... Yep. Baii! Eat brownies! (I dont even know anymore brah)