𝐨𝐧𝐞 | 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

"So, I guess you're my bunk mates," a boy says, ducking his head into the cabin. He looks around and notices it's only me and one other kid so far. "So, we're just three people? Cool."

The other kid gestures at the empty beds. "Well, there's one other empty space. I'm assuming they'll send someone to fill the spot."

New Boy shrugs. "Whatever. Which beds are available?"

"Both tops," I tell him. "We both chose bottom bunks."

"Yeah, okay. So you're both bottoms."

Well, I'm not going to deny it, but I can't show this new dude he's right. "Not really, actually."

Other Kid laughs. "Not important."

We sit in silence as New Boy unpacks his suitcase and puts his pillow on the bunk he chose. The one above me.

"Well, is anyone going to introduce themselves?" I ask at some point, unable to stand the silence.

"You first," Other Kid says. "I'm not sharing anything about myself 'till I hear about you guys."

New Boy raises an eyebrow at me, as if to say, You asked first. You go first.

"Okay, well, my name is Jisung. Han Jisung." I don't tell them who I also am, which is J.One. If they knew about that, I'd be badgered to no end. Hopefully neither of them are fans.

"Han Jisung? That name sounds familiar," New Boy says. Other Kid scrunches his eyebrows, thinking. New Boy seems to dismiss the thought. "Eh, whatever. It's probably just someone with the same name."

"Well, my name is Hwang Hyunjin. Nice to meet you," Other Kid says. I try to memorize that, because I'm not very good with matching names to faces. Hwang Hyunjin.

Hyunjin and I both turn to New Kid, waiting for his introduction. "I'm Lee Minho." Wow, he's big on words. "I'm stuck with you two for the next two months, so let's make the most of this."

"Okay, well, I'm fifteen. Turning sixteen in September," I add.

Hyunjin smiles. "I'm sixteen. Turned sixteen in March." Dang, so I'm not the oldest. That's okay; Minho seems pretty young, I might still be older than one of them.

"I'm sixteen, turning seventeen this October."

There go all my hopes and dreams of being the oldest. Well, at least I'm the most famous. I think. Probably.

"Why are you still a camper, then?" Hyunjin asks.

Minho shrugs, looking around. "You can't be a counselor unless you're older than twenty-three, and I want to be away from home for a while. Plus, staying here for more years earns me brownie points with the camp director, who is my aunt." Weird flex, but okay.

"Cool," I say. "Anything else we should know about each other?"

"I'm gay," Hyunjin confesses. "And... uh... yeah. That's about it." He laughs ruefully. "My entire existence summed up: I'm Hwang Hyunjin, sixteen since March, and gay."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm bisexual," I say. "So, uh, yeah. Han Jisung, fifteen, and bi."

"Lee Minho, sixteen, also bi," Minho bows. "At your service."

Well, I think, looking around the small room, this is going to be one Hell of a summer.

~~~~~~~~~~
ThatEmoGeek had a cool dream and i sorta just based this book off of it but not really since i changed a lot of it

please enjoy this but keep in mind that i'm writing this in a rush so it might end up being a messy job but if it is i'll try to go back and fix it in the future :))

edit (nov 2020):
PLEASE THIS IS SO CRINGEY OH MY FUCKING GOD AHHHHHHHH
i think it gets better but i honestly don't know-

guys please don't assess my writing capabilities off this one book i promise it's not usually this random

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍🤎

edit (march 2021):
first off happy hyunjin day!!
and second!!!!!! thank you for 1k views on the first chapter :)))) i'm so grateful that so many people were interested enough to give the first chapter a shot even if they don't move on :D

~~~~~~~~~~

One Hell of a Summer ~ Minsung

started: Feb. 20, 2020

ended: Jan. 26, 2021