𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

EPILOGUE.
two months later.
from nobody's pov.

Minho is having a very bland breakfast when his phone buzzes. In his surprise, he almost knocks over the bowl of cereal, but he manages to stop its contents from spilling everywhere before it's too late.

"Jeez," he mumbles, checking to see who called him. He feels his throat tighten when the caller ID is Jisungie ❤️❤️. Minho hasn't talked to Jisung in about a week, not since they fought over League of Legends at two in the morning, waking Changbin up with Jisung's screaming. Minho purses his lips and picks up the phone. "Hello?"

"MinhoyouwouldnotbelieveIjustheardthebestthingintheworldandyoumightfreakoutbutalsofreakingoutisappropriateinthissituationbECAUSEGUESSWHAT!"

"What?"

"We can date!"

"No, wait, say that first part again," Minho says absently. Jisung doesn't say anything, letting Minho's brain catch up. "Wait—we can what?"

"Date, Minho. Publicly. If you want to."

Minho's jaw drops, and he murmurs, "Why?"

"Well," Jisung explains, "Chan met this girl, and they want to go public. If we announce our relationship at the same time that they do, Changbin being the only single member will somewhat overshadow the fact that we're both guys." Jisung hesitates. "Also, we've known for a long time that most K-Pop fans are very accepting of that. So haters gonna hate whatever whatever; anyway, are you in?"

Minho grins. "I'm all in, Jisungie. I'm still in this relationship if you are. F in the chat for Changbin, though."

"F." There's a rustling noise, and then Minho hears a car start. "Also, I'm on my way over. Be ready for me."

"You what?!" Minho exclaims, leaping to his feet. "Ready? How long will it take you to get here?"

"Uh, like, twenty minutes. See you, Min."

After the phone plays a dial tone to signal the end of the call, Minho responds, "See you soon, Jisungie." He leaps to his feet and puts his breakfast bowl in the sink, wondering how in the world he's gotten to where he is.

True to his word, Jisung arrives twenty minutes after dumping tons of good news onto Minho. He's wearing ripped black jeans and a dark gray hoodie, black mask and sunglasses over his famous face. To top it all off, he has a bright orange bucket hat, which is 'his thing,' now. Jisung has taken to wearing grayscale outfits with one colorful accessory, and Minho thinks his heart might fail every time he sees the boy.

"There's, uh, cereal dumped into the sink if you're hungry," Minho stammers.

Jisung raises an eyebrow. "Yum."

They stand an awkward distance apart, staring at the floor, the walls, the ceiling—anywhere but each other. Finally, Minho clears his throat and makes a second attempt at greeting Jisung. "Or we could celebrate our soon-to-be public relationship?"

"I'd like that," Jisung grins. Minho crosses the room to hug Jisung, and they embrace each other for a few minutes. Minho savors the feeling of Jisung between his arms, unconsciously smiling. Jisung is the first to pull away, but their separation lasts a mere second; he presses his lips to Minho's. They kiss for... well, neither is really keeping track of time, so it's hard to say. But Minho's stomach is protesting its emptiness, so they eventually stop. "Wow, how'd we get here?" Jisung mumbles. Minho blinks, noticing that they're on the couch, Jisung pressed against the seat. Minho also notices that he's hovering over Jisung, who stares up at him with a teasing, amused look. "Well, you certainly chose the right bunk bed," Jisung says with an appreciative nod.

Minho's face flushes red and he sits back, letting Jisung move himself upright. "There are a million different ways to say that you had fun making out, but you just had to mention that I was... in control of the situation." He tugs at his ear, hands trembling a little with embarrassment. "Nobody ever points that out. It's implied, you dumbass."

"Is it so sensitive? Minho, are you okay?" Jisung leans forward in concern.

Shaking his head, Minho keeps tugging at his earlobe. "I've known who you are for half a year, or something like that, Sungie. I read somewhere online that it takes eighty-eight days to fall in lo—"

He cuts himself off.

"Anyway, I just can't believe that we can date in public, and you coming here and being hot was oh my god, and then lips touched and y'know, it wasn't very respectful that you're so freaking incredible. Also, I like you a lot, which you know, but it's, like, a lot a lot of like, y'know?"

"I know. Let's get you some cereal that's not from the sink," Jisung says, taking Minho's hand in one of his own and helping him out of the couch.

Minho follows Jisung to his kitchen, where he watches in slight horror as his boyfriend pours the milk in first. But it's Jisung, so he can't really complain. He doesn't even know why the universe is being so kind to him, letting him date this awesome person. Letting him be himself. Minho shovels the cereal into his mouth as Jisung watches, amused, and grins sheepishly at him after a few minutes. "Sorry, I was hungry," Minho says.

"No need to apologize. Now can we go do something~ I'm really bored," Jisung whines. "You take forever to eat cereal."

Minho snorts and pats Jisung on the shoulder. He puts his dishes in the sink to deal with later and motions for Jisung to wait while he changes. Deciding that he and Jisung should somewhat match, he picks out dark clothes with bright orange sneakers. He makes sure to bring stuff to cover his face well, because he and Jisung still are 'strangers' in the outside world. He doesn't want to be identified before an official public statement is made by Jisung's company.

Minho joins Jisung by the door. "Do you have someplace in mind?" he asks, stepping into the hallway. Minho makes sure to lock his apartment door after Jisung steps out.

"Not really," Jisung says. He smiles softly and reaches out to hold Minho's hand. "As long as you're with me, I don't really care what happens."

THE END.

authors note:
          honestly, writing "the end" was so much stress relieved off my shoulders. people who were here for the updates know how randomly spaced they were toward the end, and i had moments where i wanted to unpublish or discontinue this book ><

          but im glad i stuck around! i really am not proud of how the story turned out but i  can look back at this in the future and go "wow, glad i'm not that idiotic anymore" sfjsjxjsjjz

          also if you're a reader who lasted this long, thank you for giving this fic a chance! i hope you enjoyed reading (:

i hope you had more fun than i did
     ───  from, kooka