𝐭𝐰𝐨 | 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

I hate alarm clocks.

Like, seriously. Whoever invented them, here's a letter I wrote a few years ago, when I was twelve:

Dear Mr. or Mrs. or Ms. or anything else Alarm Clock Inventor,

I hate your goddamn invention, and I don't care if Mom makes me wash this paper with soap because I used a marginally bad word.

Your invention stinks.

With love,
Han Jisung, No.1 Alarm Clock Hater

And I'm not saying that they aren't useful, because they are very useful. I've been using alarm clocks since I turned eight. My uncle got me one for my birthday, and I actually liked it at first.

But then.

Oh, boy. Alarm clocks are the bane of my existence now. Like, for real. I didn't bring one to camp because I know how much I despise them, and, thanks to same-year-of-birth telepathy, Hyunjin didn't bring one either.

I didn't bring an alarm clock.

Hyunjin didn't bring an alarm clock.

So who's freaking alarm clock is screaming at seven in the morning?

Lee. Friggin'. Minho.

I want to scream. Honestly. He could've asked for consent the night before, or at least turned the volume down. Even Hyunjin, who is on the other side of our small cabin, fell off his bed due to the ridiculous amount of noise generated by that little devil.

Somehow, though, it didn't wake Minho up.

So, right now, Hyunjin and I are engaging in the most awkward eye contact I've ever had to endure. I see the desperation in his eyes and know for a fact that he sees it in my eyes, too.

"Lee Minho," I begin in a warning tone. "If you do not wake up and shut that thing up right this instant, I will sit on your throat as you sleep tonight."

Hyunjin's eyes widen and he subtly backs up against the wall furthest away from me. "Or we could just turn it off for him?" he squeaks.

I climb out of bed and put a shirt on (I don't give Hyunjin the satisfaction of seeing my tiny nipples, no... I face away from him) before going up the short ladder to Minho's top bunk.

It's kind of crowded up there, because I can't reach his alarm clock without reaching over to the little nook in the wall where his stuff is. I see a water bottle, his phone (which he'll be handing in to the counselors today, along with the rest of us campers), a pack of gum, some kind of pill bottle, and, finally, his alarm clock.

Now, to actually get to it.

To do this, I will have to pretty much cuddle Minho and then reach over him without smacking his face or waking him up. Isn't waking him up the alarm clock's job, anyways? Why am I so worried about finishing the unfinished j—

Wait. The clock has stopped ringing.

I squirm around in the bed until I can see Hyunjin, and he gives me a Get down, quickly! look before gesturing wildly with his hands. I know what he's trying to get at. The clock has stopped ringing, so there's no need for me to turn it off.

It takes a few minutes, but I finally manage to work my way back down the ladder, when...

DING DING DING DING DING... DING DING DING DING DING...

The alarm goes off again. Darn. Minho must have set it at intervals. "What do I do?" I whisper-yell at Hyunjin. He looks clueless, but I can see that he's trying not to laugh at me.

"Go back up there."

He's got to be kidding me. But, alas, he is not. I climb back up, more skillfully than before since I've done it once already, and am in the middle of reaching over Minho's face when he suddenly wakes up.

When I say "suddenly," I mean it.

Minho's eyes snap open faster than I can say "I love cheesecake" (which is pretty fast, because I'm a rapper). He lets out a muffled scream when he notices a person leaning over him and decides to use his epic self-defense skills to push that person over the edge of the bunk bed.

Hey, you might ask, isn't that person you, Jisung?

Thanks for asking, kind soul. Yes, that is I.

Did it hurt when you fell off the side of the bed?

Now, here's the embarrassing part. Hyunjin rushes forward, trying to catch me. And he's successful.

I'm eternally grateful to him and will forever be in debt... but I must say something first.

I will describe the situation that I am in right now in only three key points.

1) Minho has been awake for a mere seven seconds, and the one thing he's done so far is push me off his top bunk bed.

2) Hyunjin is carrying me, bridal style.

3) I let out the most gay noise possible when Hyunjin catches me, and now my face is redder than the average red blood cell. Which is either really red, or really blue, depending on the oxygen levels and whatnot.

So, yeah. That's what life is all about at the moment.

Fantastic, I know.