Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

When Mallorie and James arrived at the park, they commenced on a leisurely stroll throughout the park in the early afternoon. And, they had a good time talking and enjoying the beautiful scenery in the park.

"So your going back to school soon?" Mallorie asked as they were walking.

"Yeah, I'm currently working towards getting my Masters and I'm almost finish, I have 3 semesters left and then I'll get my degree."

"Oh okay, so your enrolled in online courses right now?"

"Yes, and I have one class that I physically have to go to. But, I'm currently part time and I plan on switching to full time by next year so I can speed things up and get my Masters."

"I see, so how is it being in school after not being in it so long?" Mallorie asked.

James smiled, "Ahh, I'm not that old Mallorie" he laughed, "I graduated high school 6 years ago, but it's definitely different and a lot more work to do. But, at the end of the day, it feels good to works towards doing something I love."

Mallorie looked at him and smiled, "Well then that's good, I'm happy for you."

"You know it's funny, when I first started my class at the Community College, I came in late and sat in the middle section of the classroom, but there were these girls who kept looking at me. It turns out after class was finished, those same girls approached me and legitimately asked if I was single."
I would too if too I saw you...okay, probably not ask, but definitely think about it! Mallorie thought.
"I told them yes, I am single but I wasn't interested in any of them even though they were pretty cute." when he said that, James looked at Mallorie and he let his gaze do a slow once over before meeting her eyes gauging her reaction and Mallorie blushed. They continued to walk for another 15 minutes and then decided to leave and grab something to eat. They went to Chilli's and spent an hour and half eating there, afterwards James brought Mallorie back to her apartment, but it was only 4:45 pm so Mallorie invited him into her apartment. This was the first time she had ever invited any man into her apartment.

When James stepped into Mallorie's apartment, he was immediately greeted by the sweet scent of vanilla drifting through the air; her place was pretty neat and simple, nothing extraordinary. He took a good look around and then looked at Mallorie who was standing there looking back at him nervously while playing with her hands.

"Uh, would you like something to drink? Um mean I don't have much, but I have water, orange juice, and soymilk."

James smiled, "Thank you Mallorie, but no need to worry. I'll just take a seat on your couch, if that's okay with you."

"Oh yeah, I meant to ask if you wanted to sit down sorry." Mallorie said embarrassingly.

James smiled, "Why don't you sit down with me Mallorie?"

"Off course." Mallorie went over to sit down next to him and then remembered that she forgot to ask him if he wanted something to eat. "Oh no, did you want something to eat?" Mallorie got up and rushed to fridge and started to open it, but James came right behind her and stood in front of her.

"Mallorie, we just came from Chilli's remember? Take a deep breath and breathe, I can tell your nervous Mallorie."

Mallorie exhaled, "You're right."

"It's alright. Look, I had a great time today and I want to hang out with you again, in fact" he paused, "I want to be more than just friends with you Mallorie."

Mallorie hesitated, she knew what he was asking, "I don't know James, this is all so sudden."

"Hey look at me," he said softly, "tell me what's wrong, tell me how you feel."