Chapter 11 Adrien, why did you do it?

It has been four days since Adrien wrote Marinette the sad confession note.  She is not sure what she can do.  It is not like she can help the fact she does love him.  She can not trust anyone with her heart.  Not after what Luka did to her on two different occasions, she feels she is immune to love.

      Adrien is upset, to say the least.  He can not see any chance with her.  He knows it is impossible to give up his love for her.  He knows she can not love him. He recalls how she said,  "I am sorry, Adrien, but I can never love you."  He sighs as he thinks about pretty she was at that moment.  He was about to kiss her until she broke his heart then he left so he would not make her angry. He could stay when she has no love for him and probably never will.

    Adrien closes his eyes as he jumps off the Effiel Tower. He does not transform.  This time he jumps off as a civilian and awaits his doom at the bottom.

      Plagg sobs inside his pocket and thinks, Adrien no!   

     Adrien falls, but instead of going splat on the pavement someone catches him. It seems it was not his time to go yet.  He survives the fall.  He ends up in the hospital with a few broken bones and a lost memory.  He does not recall much past the day he first came to  France.  

     Two weeks later, "Adrien, why did you do something so foolish?"  Ladybug remainds him.  She knows she does not love him, but she knows others do.

      Adrien opens his eyes to the sound of her voice.  He smiles but then frowns.  He has no idea who the spotted beauty before him could be anyway.

     "She has a point you know," Plagg says.

       "What were you thinking?" Plagg asks. He looks rather upset right now.

             Plagg does not speak out loud.  He uses telepathy to speak to Adrien.  He figures this is the best way to avoid any questions about who he is why he is here, and how he knows the lad who was wounded when the leaped off the Effiel Tower.

           "I mean it, Agreste!  What were you thinking?"  Ladybug demands to know.

             "I have no idea who you are right now,"  Adrien answers.

            "Adrien, why did you jump?"  Ladybug asks.

           "I want to know the same thing, Adrien,"  Chloe points out.

            "Yes, man, what happened?"  Nino asks him.

          "Adrien, why did you do it?"  Juleka asks.

         "I can not remember anything. I  just moved here, right?"  Adrien replies.

       "Just moved here, you have been here for years,"  Nino tells him.

       "Yes, he is right,"  Juleka says.

          "Adrien, what is the matter with you?"  Alya asks.

         " This is not funny,"  Ladybug says with her hands on her hips.

        "Why did you do this?"  Nathaniel asks him.

                 The doctor comes into the room and checks on him. "Well, under the circumstances yo are one blessed person.  I am surprised other than a few cracked ribs, bruises, and broken bones that you are not harmed.   It is like you were not meant to die yet,"  The doctor says.

               "Doctor, why can not he tell us anything?" Chole asks worriedly about her friend.

              "Yes, what is wrong with him?"  Nathaniel asks.

           "Is he going to be okay?" Alya asks.

          "He is my best friend,"  Nino says.

            "Are you sure he did not get a brain injury?"  Juleka asks.

           "Look, we already ran tests for this, and none show any brain damage or other damage to the cells, or other areas in the brain or around it," The doctor states.

             "Why does not he remember anything?"  Ladybug asks.

            "He was stressed the day he got hurt and was blessed to survive, and have you bring him here, Ladybug,"  The doctor explains.

            "He seems to have a bit of memory loss, but it should be temporary,"  He says, then leaves the room.

           Adrien looks at the others, and asks, "I am sorry, but do I know you?"

             Chloe and Nathaniel, leave the room because it is too much for her.  She can not believe her friend since grade school has forgotten her.  Nathaniel tries his best to console her.

          Next, his best friend, Nino along with Alya leaves, then Juleka, so now it is just Ladybug, Adrien, and Plagg left in the room.  Plagg is hidden the entire time inside Adrien's jacket. The same one that was torn two weeks ago.

        "Adrien, I am sorry, I yelled at you, okay?"  Ladybug says with tears in her eyes.

         "It is alright, spotted beauty," Adrien says.

         "It is okay, the doctor says the memories should come back,"  Adrien reminds her.

             Ladybug shakes her head, and gently kisses the top of his hand. She exits the room and swings back to her place. She detransforms once back inside. The overwhelming sense of guilt eats at her. 

           "Marinette, there is no way you could know he would do something like this," Tikki says.

          "I know, but he tried to die.  He tried to leave everyone just because I rejected him.  Tikki, I might not be able to love him.  This still does not change the fact he is my friend, and I should be more careful how I treat him,"  Marinette says.

        "Marinette, calm down! There is nothing you can do to fix this.  What is done is done, the important thing is you caught him as Ladybug,"  Tikki says.

       "Yes, but what if I had not been on  patrol at the time, then what?"  She asks.

       "Do not second guess yourself,"  Tikki replies.

     "I suppose you are right, Tikki,"  Marinette tells her.

        Adrien's  POV:

         He thinks I feel so much pain.  Ouch, what happened to me?

        Why did I lose so many memories at once?

     Plagg's  POV:
      Good thing, Ladybug caught Adrien just in time.

    He thinks I do not want to lose another Chat Noir.

   Marinette's  POV:

    She thinks, is Tikki right? 

    Do I need to just be there for him as a friend?

     She sighs unsure anymore what action to take next.

   Tikki's  POV:
     Those two are more alike than they realize. 

       They both feel guilty when something bad happens to the other and feel the need to take the blame.

     They both find love to be hard than they thought it would be at first.

    They worry about each other.

   Tikki's  POV:

    I know Marinette believes she does not love Adrien but is that true?

   I saw the look of panic, worry, and fear she had the day she transformed as Adrien jumped just so she could be there to rescue him.

     I can tell with the way she gave him an angry look in the hospital, and asked him how he could do such a thing.  I am sure of it, Ladybug or Marinette denies love.

    The question is why does she do this to herself and to him?

    to be continued in Chapter  12

Edits made 3-14-2022