Chapter 13 Oh, You Will Not Find Him Here

Two days later,  After work, Marinette goes to see Adrien again. She knows people have started to gossip about them. She does not care. She is glad to have him as her friend. She smiles as she rings the doorbell.

  "Miss Dupain-Cheng, he is not home," A voice behind her states.

   Marinette turns around to see Master Fu.  "Master Fu, what brings you here?"

   "Marinette, I will tell you later, but he is not home,"  Master Fu says.

   "Oh, then where might I find him?"  Marinette asks.

   "He is at the cemetery about now," Master Fu explains.

   "What?  Why would he be there?"  Marinette asks.

   "He goes there every day around now since his mother's death," Master Fu tells her.

     "Wait, his mother's death?  She died?"  Marinette asks in surprise.

    "Yes, I thought you knew already," Master Fu states.

    "Thanks, Master Fu," Marinette says.

         Marinette buys a few roses, then goes to the cemetery to meet up with Adrien. She seems him place a single flower at the foot of a grave. She knows now that must his mother's.

        "Adrien, Master Fu said, I would find you here," Marinette says.

      "Marinette, you came?"  Adrien says.  He means it more as a surprise statement than a question.

      "I am sorry about your mother," Marinette says.

      "It is okay, she would have loved you," Adrien says. 

       "Here, I know it is not much, but I bought these," Marinette says.

      "Go ahead and place them then," Adrien says.

         Marinette sets down the flowers and says, "Mrs. Agreste, I know we never met, but since Adrien and I are friends I thought I should come and pay my respects.  So, here I am, and I intend to make sure Adrien is in good hands."

     Marinette stands back up, brushes off her skirt, and turns to Adrien.

        "Thanks, Marinette, that was beautiful," Adrien says.

          Marinette takes his hand and they walk off together.

  Find out more in Chapter  14

*Author's Note: Sorry, this chapter is short, but it is all I could think of for this part since I have a cold.  I will try to see if I can make the next chapter longer, no guarantees though.

-Summer out!