Chapter 12 She is My First and Only Love

Ladybug went to see Adrien daily until he was better. She felt like it was her fault since her civilian form she did not love him. She knew now how he must have felt in the past. She did not know how to fix it.  She could not when she only saw him as a friend.

     "Ladybug, what brings you here?" Adrien asks.

    "Adrien, you are awake, " Ladybug says in surprise.

   "Yes, but why are you here?"  Adrien asks.

    "Marinette, insists I come to see you," Ladybug states.

   "Oh, so you are friends with her,"  Adrien says.

   "Yes, I am her best friend," Ladybug remarks. She thinks I hope he can not tell this is a lie.

    "Tell Marinette, I wish she would come to see me herself," Adrien says sadly.

     "I will be sure to do that Adrien,"  Ladybug replies.

    "Good, thank you, Ladybug," Adrien says. He thinks, her eyes why do they look familiar?

         Ladybug notices Adrien stares at her and thinks, he can not tell who I am behind the mask, can he?  She shudders to think he has found her out.

           The next day, Marinette comes to see Adrien.  She slowly approaches him and says, "Adrien, hi."

           "Marinette, you came to see me," He says with a grin.

              "Yes, I came because Ladybug told me you wish to have me come,"  Marinette explains.

            "Oh, so you came out of an obligation is that it?"  Adrien asks.

             "Yes, but we are friends.  I should have come sooner anyway," Marinette says.

            "Friends, but I wish to be more," Adrien replies sadly.

               "I am sorry, Adrien," Marinette says.

                 "Do not be, you can not help who you love," Adrien responds sadly.

        One month later, Adrien is back at his place and sighs. 

          "Glad you are better," Plagg says.

        "Yes, but I miss her," Adrien says.

         "Miss who, your mother?"  Plagg asks.

          "Yes, but I also miss Marinette," Adrien says with a sigh.

          "Adrien, I am sorry.  Maybe it is best if you move on," Plagg tells him.

          "I can not Plagg, she is my first and only love," Adrien says.

            Adrien hears someone ring the doorbell. Plagg hides.  Adrien opens the door and his jaw drops when he sees Marinette. He did not expect her to drop by like this.

         "Hi, Marinette," Adrien says.

          "Hi, Adrien," Marinette says.

         "Listen, I am sorry," Marinette remarks.

         "I am sorry too.  I mean, I am sorry that I jumped after you rejected me,"  Adrien says.

         "Adrien, it just too hard for me to move on, you see Luka was my first crush," Marinette explains.

       "I know and I promise not to kiss you," Adrien says with tears in his eyes.

       "I respect that and I brought over a movie," Marinette tells him.

         "M-Movie, wh-what for?"  Adrien asks.

        "It is to watch it, silly," Marinette says. She playfully nudges him.

           Adrien blushes at the gesture and nods his head. He feels confused but happy.

             Marinette puts the movie into the player, turns on the tv, and hits the play button. She smiles as the movie starts.  She does not say a word about which movie they are about to watch.

           Adrien smiles as Marinette takes a seat beside him.  He rests his hands on his lap unsure what else to do with them. He does not want to pressure her into anything. He watches the film with her glad for her company for a change. At least this way, he does not have to watch the movie alone.

           As the girl on the screen vanishes, Adrien screams, "No, bring her back!  Bring her back!"

        Marinette reaches over and places a hand gently on his shoulder. She is glad when he calms down.  She thinks goodness he has a huge overreaction to a silly video scene.

       Later on into the film, Adrien falls asleep from exhaustion and Marinette smiles. She watches the rest of it, turns it off, places the DVD back into the case, and thinks, goodness he looks so peaceful.  She wonders should I head out or stay? She decides to stay for the moment.

     Marinette sits down at his table to think. She is not sure how long she is there for, but at some point, she falls asleep. 

    Adrien wakes up from his nap and sees Marinette asleep at his kitchen table. He smiles and picks her up. He carries her upstairs without a word. He lays her down in his bed, then covers her up.  He exits the room and whispers," Sleep well, beautiful, Marinette."

    Adrien cleans up the kitchen, the goes back upstairs and notices she is still asleep. He tiptoes to his bathroom with a towel, washcloth, underwear, and pajamas in hand. He closes the door, locks it, removes his clothes, and takes a shower.  He finishes the shower, dries off, puts on the fresh underwear, and pajamas. He brushes his teeth, flosses, and exits the bathroom.

      He sees Marinette continues to sleep, so he turns off the light, climbs onto the extra bed in the room, and pulls the covers over himself. Soon, he drifts off to sleep with thoughts of a certain, bluenette, his first and only love, Marinette.

    Plagg sleeps under the pillow on the small bed Adrien is on for the night. 

  The next day,  Adrien wakes up first, so he gets dressed, then wakes her up.

   "Good morning, Marinette," Adrien says.

"Good morning, Adrien," Marinette says.

  "Wait, morning?"  She asks.

  "Yes, you were so worn out last night you fell asleep and I did not want to disturb your rest," Adrien says.

    "Oh, how did I end up in your bed?"  Marinette asks.

   "I carried you to my room and put you there.  Do not worry though, I slept on the spare bed," He explains as he points to the smaller sofa like a bed in the corner.

   "I see, well, thanks then, but I must go," Marinette says with a yawn.

   "Could I fix you coffee first?" Adrien asks.

  "Yes, sure," Marinette says.

      Adrien grins, goes to the kitchen, fixes the coffee, and comes back with a small disposal mug that has a lid on it.  "Here, but we careful it is still hot,"  Adrien says.

       "Thanks, Adrien," Marinette says.

       "Y-you are w-welcome, M-Marinette," Adrien stutters.

          Marinette walks out the door with the coffee cup in hand and Adrien just waves to her.  She smiles and waves back.  She goes to her place, then showers, changes clothes, eats a bagel, drinks some juice, and heads off to work.  She sure thinks it sweet of Adrien to have fixed the coffee for her.

        to be continued in Chapter  13