LIGHT SIDE OF MY MOON pt 1

Beautiful Daydreamers, are you ready for Can and Sanem in New York City? I warn you now that I could not make this a short story. Humor me and relax, take a break, get some tasty Turkish Tea. You do not need any tissues for this story. Join me for heart-melting, romantic, sexy Canem in...

The Light Side of My Moon ©

New York City was a whirlwind of activity for a girl like Sanem from a small mahala (neighborhood) in Istanbul. As soon as she and Can got off the airplane, they hit the ground running. Can had arranged for a Lincoln Town Car to pick them up from the airport. The driver was his friend Haluk. Whenever Can was in town and Haluk's schedule was free, he drove exclusively for Can. When Can introduced Sanem as his love, his aşkım, Haluk's face reflected his surprise and delight as he heard those words, and he quickly embraced Sanem in a friendly hug. Like Can and Sanem, Haluk was from Istanbul. As they drove through the city, Can and Haluk enjoyed catching up with each other. Both took turns pointing out some of the sights to Sanem as they headed for Can's favorite part of town, SoHo.

Can enjoyed telling Sanem a bit about SoHo. It had been abandoned at one point, becoming known as "Hell's Hundred Acres" but since it was cheap to live there, thousands of so-called "starving artists" moved in. Over time, the area morphed into a trendy, artistic, and chic neighborhood filled with designer boutiques, fancy chain stores, and high-end galleries. Mixed in with charming old-world designs of cast-iron facades, cobblestone streets, and factories renovated for new and creative uses.

"Enough history," Can proclaimed. "We are here. The first thing on the agenda is food." Turning to Sanem, running his fingertips along her arm, he asked, "Are you hungry, meleğim?" She replied, "Ufff, Can, I am so hungry, my belly growls." Can spoke to Haluk saying, "Please take us to "Jack's Wife Freda. Sanem, you will love this place. It is a charming little cafe' where I have enjoyed many, many delicious meals." Can brought out his cell phone and called the restaurant. "Dean, it's Can. I just got into New York. I am on my way right now to come for brunch. Please tell your lovely wife Maya that I am keeping my promise. I am bringing my love to meet her." Can could hear a lot of excited voices and commotion in the background when he said these words to Dean. He ended the call with, "See you in about 10 minutes then. Ok, bye-bye."

When Haluk pulled up in front of "Jack's Wife Freda", they saw the owners, Dean and Maya Jankelowitz, waiting for them in front of the restaurant. Obviously excited to see them, Can and Sanem were immediately greeted with hugs and traditional Turkish kisses to each cheek. Dean and Maya escorted them inside to a table close to the front windows and sat down with them for some conversation as Turkish tea was delivered to the table. When they left to attend to their other guests, Can and Sanem's tabletop was soon filled with an assortment of the restaurant's brunch specialties. As they enjoyed their kahlvati (breakfast), Can explained that Dean and Maya had named the restaurant in honor of Dean's grandmother Freda. When Can began to eat there frequently, he became good friends with Dean and Maya.

Jack's wife Freda Restaurant

When Maya came to refill their tea, she said to Sanem, "Make sure you see Can's beautiful picture on the wall over there," pointing to the picture hanging across from their table. "It is our treasure and a special gift from your generous man." Can waved his arm at Maya as he always did when playfully suggesting, "Pour all of your compliments over me". Sanem looked across the room and saw a beautiful watercolor. Maya told her it was a picture of Dean's grandmother Freda as she tended her herb garden. Freda's home-grown herbs were one of the secret ingredients in the recipes her restaurant customers loved.

"Can?" Sanem spoke in awe. "I did not know you painted. It is truly beautiful." Standing behind Sanem with his hands on her shoulders, Can leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "Ahhh, my love, there is still so much to learn." As they got up to leave the restaurant, they walked across to the painting so Sanem could see it up close. Leaning her head back against his solid chest, Sanem sighed in contentment as she gazed at the painting for several minutes. Can wrapped his arms around her, buried his nose into her neck, inhaled deeply, and crooned into her ear, "Mmm, meleğim, you smell so good." "Can!" Sanem quickly admonished him, flustered by his public display of affection.

Taking her by the hand, Can whisked her out to the sidewalk, spun her around and caught her up against him, holding her tight. Easing his free hand into her hair, he cupped her face, tipped her head back, and looked deeply into her eyes. "Aşkım, we are not in Turkey anymore." He lowered his head within inches of hers and watched as the rosy color of a blush appeared on her cheeks. He licked his lips as he looked at her lips then, taking his gaze back to her eyes, said in almost a whisper,
                  "The rules have changed."

...................................
(Note from Deb... Oooo... The rules have changed! This is just the beginning of a beautiful day. This is a loooong chapter (probably 10 parts) filled with excitement... of all sorts. Please vote and comment, come back for more as we see what's next on Can's agenda for the day. )