Island Home - part 3 of 8

(Pssst... play the music at the top and then come on in... the water is..... hot!)

Together they are perfect, whole, and complete! Two souls meant to be as one! 

Distracted for a moment... Sanem remembers that Can has come to tell her 'Blue Eyes' is calling for her.

Sanem:
"Bok Yaaa, Caaan"! I burst out suddenly.

Oh my gosh. I have startled him and he drops his phone. I feel a giant giggle gurgling up in my throat and it's difficult to suppress it. He kicks the phone across the room, chasing it as it slides over the floor and stops at my feet. I want to make my point and not let him off the hook by laughing, but it is a real challenge. 

"He is your friend, Can. You introduced us knowing he runs a publishing house. You wanted us to meet because you specifically wanted me to work with him.  Why do you call Stephen 'Blue Eyes'?"

Can:
Feeling nervous, I press my phone between my palms, shrug my shoulders and turn my mouth down in a frown. "I did not expect you to already know him. And I don't like the way he looks at you."

It was me... that asked Stephen to come and meet Sanem at our farewell party in New York. We have been good friends for a very long time. If they decide to work together, it is their choice. I know I need to get my jealousy under control, so I say, "Ah ah, Meleğim, I just provided the opportunity. If you take it, it is entirely up to you. I know better than to try and manipulate a situation. I only want to help your dreams come true, not force them."

Sanem:
"I literally fell on him, Can, trying to get into my seat on the airplane in Istanbul. You had just called out for me as I was getting on the plane. It made me so nervous. Then they shut the doors. I fell across him in a sprawling mess and looked like a fool. But he was very kind about it." 

Now I feel like a pouty school girl. Remembering what it felt like to get on that plane and leave Istanbul... intending to leave Can.

Can:                        
"I am sorry, sevgilim. I feel like an ass. Please forgive me and my foolishness. I did not come to pick a fight with you."

I kneel down at her feet and work my way between her knees until I am flush up against her chair. I place my hands on her upper thighs. Sanem is so petite that my big hands and long fingers have to curve around her leg and tuck in between her and the chair. I cannot stop the wolfish grin that comes over my face, nor ignore how provocative this position is. My thumbs have a mind of their own and caress along her thighs through the delicate fabric of her summer dress.

Waiting to kiss her is always exhilarating and I lean closer. Her eyes are focused on my lips and her legs are twitching under my hands. She is always so responsive to my touch and my mind starts to wander. 

Sanem:
It is like a game of torture. I see Can's face and wait for his kiss but all I feel are his hands. His thumbs moving ever so slightly against my thighs in slow caresses. I focus on his lips, but...  is he saying something? I can no longer focus. Losing my patience, I grab his head and pull him close to plant my mouth over his in a hungry, passionate, noisy kiss. It is a relief... for a minute. Then it's back to torture again. My insides twist and tighten and then, of course, his phone rings!

Can:
"Ahhhh, I'm sorry Kalbim, but I have to take this call." I answer and reply to the caller that we will be right there. "I have a surprise for you, can you come with me?" I stand up extending my hand to Sanem and she instantly takes hold of my fingers, making my heart skip a beat. Such a simple response, but it means so much to me that I am elated. Her reply is made with a pouty face, followed by a complaint that she was trying to write and has failed again. Disturbed by her distress and distracted by her pouting bottom lip, I have an overwhelming need to make her feel better. To somehow fix how she is feeling.

Placing my hand on the back of her chair, I tip the chair back lifting her feet off the floor.  She lets her head laze against the back of the chair and silently gazes up at me. Slowly I watch her eyes come closer as I lower my face to within an inch of hers, until we are eye to eye. Tipping her further back in the chair, I very softly brush my lips over hers. When I part my lips, she sighs into my mouth. I draw her protruding bottom lip between mine and gently sink my teeth into her soft flesh. After a very long and satisfying kiss, I release her. I do not back away but I am left breathless, wishing I was back on my knees with my hands still on her thighs, and that we were starting this game of torture all over again.

However, I do have an agenda. Sliding my nose along the length of Sanem's, I cannot help but notice how the pulse in her throat is beating so fast. This beautiful woman always makes me feel like I am the king of the world.

The Albatross:
"About that surprise, can you come with me? Possibly we will inspire that beautiful mind of yours." Can barely whispers these words and then has to clear his throat. 

Sanem stares into his eyes. He has just tipped her back in her chair, holding her captive to kiss her thoroughly. His eyes cloud over with the desire to enjoy this more and take it farther but he is on a mission. "Come," he speaks in a low and provocative tone, enjoying his effect on Sanem as he sees her labored breathing after his kiss.

He flashes half a smile, more to himself than to her. Sanem is resting her head on the back of the chair and has slowly closed her eyes, letting her photographic memory replay their passionate kiss. Oh-oh, what a gift her brain can be. Can observes her face up close, knowing she is replaying his kiss. What an enchantress she is. He is mesmerized watching her and has to shake his head to clear it. He tickles her nose with his mustache to get her attention.

"Sssssaanemm," he whispers close to her face, as he rubs his nose along the length of hers. He catches her eyes as she slowly opens them with an embarrassed smile. He lowers the chair back on its legs, allowing her feet to touch the floor. Taking her by the hand, he leads her to his studio which is on the upper level of the house. It looks similar to a lighthouse sitting so high up, encased completely in floor-to-ceiling windows. 

The view of the Galapagos from the studio is breathtaking. This studio is a special place for Can. Around the room are displays of photographs he has taken and art that he has created. There is also other art and artifacts displayed collected from all over the globe. Looking at these things gives Sanem an understanding of who Can really is, in a way she could not see when he was in Istanbul. With all Sanem is learning about her Albatross since they came to the Galapagos, it is becoming more painfully apparent each day that for Can, working in an office was like trapping a wild and free bird and keeping it in a cage. Clipping the wings that allow an Albatross, her Albatross, to fly high and soar to the heavens.

Can guides Sanem to the staircase leading up to the roof. To her great surprise, when they open the door to the roof, there sits a small helicopter with its blades whirling and a pilot standing at the ready. She blinks at Can and then at the aircraft. Her eyes fly open wide with fear as well as anticipation and excitement.

"Now, don't worry, I want to take you

"Now, don't worry, I want to take you...  to see a dream....do you trust me?"
                                          ...

Do you? Trust me? And what is next?
Please vote and leave a comment so that I know you were here as we weave this beautiful web of a story.... I love and appreciate you all. See you tomorrow! Where Can sheds a few tears... of joy!!