On the Wings of an Albatross

The dawn greeted them to a new day and welcomed them to their new life

Sanem woke to the sounds of the island. There were so many different sounds that she did not open her eyes right away but wants to hear all of them without being distracted by her other senses. Although she and Can had only slept for a few hours, and she was still drained from the travel, all the different sounds were calling her awake. The sounds of birds, many different birds. The boat was gently rocking. The air was crisp and blowing over them like a gentle caress. The smell of the sea was distinct and unfamiliar but enticing.

Then there was the smell of Can. Mmmm, warm and cozy Can. She smiled and burrowed farther into the warm spot against him, tucking her head up under his. Mmmm, she thought, such a beautiful way to wake up. She nuzzled her face deeper into his neck, inhaling his special scent.

Can woke up with Sanem snuggling up against him. It was always such a battle to fight his natural instincts first thing in the morning. Desire flared within him as he felt her warm body pressing against him. Sometimes he just liked to keep his eyes closed and dream awhile. Dream of the day when he was free to act on those urges and put the flames out the way he longed to do. "Keske," he said out loud in his deep and groggy morning voice. "Hmmm?" Sanem responded against his throat. Can played with her hair and enjoyed his private thoughts. "Let's not wake up yet," he grumbled and pulled her closer under the warm covers.

Sanem opened her eyes, curious about a sound she can't quite figure out. Discovering the source, she bolted upright, letting out a startled cry. Setting on the edge of the boat is a pelican flipping a fish around in his large beak pouch, trying to work the fish down his throat. Can reached for Sanem to pull her back under the covers with him. "You can watch from in here, come back," he complained. Tugging at her he tucked her back under the covers and wrapped himself back around her.

"Günaydın, aşkım," Sanem said as she stretched and ran her hand up into Can's hair, exposing her neck. Can accepted her invitation and placed moist kisses along her artery, feeling her pulse under his lips. "Mmm... Günaydın, meleğim. Let us always greet the day this way." Can lifts his head to take further advantage of Sanems position, and the Pelican flips the slimy fish right in the middle of them. "Really bird? Go get your own entertainment." Can waves the Pelican away complaining, "Kahretsin! Just like old times with interruptions.

"Sanem bursts out laughing at the absurdity of Can's crankiness at the bird. "Always something to ruin your game, çapkın?" Can snatches hold of Sanem to pull her back onto the bed, tickling her until she rolled up into a ball. Then he delivered a playful smack on her behind before heading below deck. "Let's get this boat underway and take you to see where dreams come true. Just call me, Kaptan Can.

"Sanems' senses were overwhelmed again with all that there was to see. She was like a child, full of wonder and excitement. She sat at the front of the boat, looking in all directions as Can navigated. Can let her enjoy the trip without any conversation. Allowing her to take everything in for the first time without any distractions.

Wildlife was everywhere. Along the shores were crowds of Marine Iguanas crawling along the rocks. Many different species of birds were everywhere. Birds on the shores and in the trees. Flying in the sky and sitting on the water. The most startling were the birds diving like bullets from high in the air straight down into the water. Sea lions, penguins, turtles and giant tortoises could be seen along the beaches and popping up occasionally in the water. Dolphins flew alongside the boat, gliding in and out of the water with grace and speed.

As he observed her reactions, Can marveled at how young Sanem seemed at this moment. Her eyes were full of wonder and his eyes were full of her. She never lost her childlike exuberance, curiosity, and fascination for the world around her.

High in the sky, the mighty Albatross were soaring, wings spread wide and long, gliding on the sea breeze. As he approached one of the islands, Can saw them but waited patiently for Sanem to notice them. Then suddenly, Sanem sensed a shift in his mood and could feel him watching her. She turned to meet the intensity of his gaze and could not look away for several minutes. Always drawn to him, she went to him like he was a magnet. Never taking her eyes from his, she walked right into the embrace of his open arms and did not stop until her lips snapped together with his in a passionate kiss. After a moment, Sanem purred against his lips, "Can you drive the boat and kiss me at the same time?" "Um-hum," he answered without breaking away. "Safely?" She asked. He smiled against her lips and responded with another "Um-hum," taking his kiss deeper before she could ask any more questions.

After a very long, satisfying moment, he nipped at her bottom lip. "Turn around," he murmured and turned her to face forward. He pulled her back to lean against his body, in between his arms as he steered the boat then quietly waited. Sanem gazed out as she leaned against Can and let her hands rest on the steering wheel. Can slowed down the boat speed quite a bit and they could see a sea lion playing close by. Sanem felt sleepy with the warm sun, the smooth motion of the boat, and the lethargic mood Can's kiss had put her in. The longer she stood there, the sleepier she became, eventually resting her head back against Can's shoulder. Can sighed a satisfying, peaceful sound, completely content and happy. Sanem tipped her head back to smile up at him, and her eyes roamed across the sky above them. Her breath suddenly caught and she did not move a muscle, just stood perfectly still as her eyes roamed the skies.

"Albatross?" Sanem whispered. "Yes!" Can answered, letting go of the wheel to wrap one arm around her waist and hold her close. With his other hand just under her jaw and across her throat, he could look down at her as she watched the Albatross soaring high in the sky. The mighty birds were reflected in her eyes.

Shortly after that, they arrived at the dock in front of Can's island home. "We are home," he announced. Sanem was still leaning lazily against him, almost asleep. She blinked away the drowsiness and nearly jumped for joy. Can helped Sanem up onto the dock and scooped her up in his arms. He beamed into her eyes, his eyes shining with happiness and said:

"Your dreams were meant to come true, kalbim. Welcome to your dreams."

T