Chapter 3: Protector

After pulling off my eye patch I had felt I could take down any threat that came my way, unfortunately this was not the case. As the smoke from the blast cleared up I noticed the dragon still standing. My eyes widened as I realized my power had no effect on it. Ruby and the rest of her team ran toward the dragon, and all I could do was sit and watch. After killing the beast everyone looked pretty worn out but Ruby, still with high energy, walked over to me and sat down.
"That thing was not easy to kill." Ruby giggled.
"Yeah I bet." I said looking down.
"So what if you couldn't kill a dragon," Ruby started, "those things are hard to kill anyway."
"That's not the point, Ruby." I looked at her with tears in my eyes. She nodded and hugged me.
"We'll help you become stronger." She said holding me tight. The thing is I really didn't care about wether I was powerful or not I only wanted one thing, and that one thing I want is something I may never get back.

When my chunibyo first developed I was a master of darkness, but ever since I came to Remnant and gained real power I realized they are harder to control than I thought. About a month had passed since I found out I have actual power and honestly it's only been getting harder to control. Ruby offered to help me try to control them but she's not the best teacher, so I decided to ask Blake to help since she has more control. One morning after I woke up I went straight to the kitchen. After I got there I noticed Blake eating some cereal.
"Good morning Rikka." Blake said softly.
"Morning." I yawned.
"Are you ready to start your training today?" Blake asked. Right before I answered Yang came stoping in staring straight at me. Yang pushed me against the wall and held up her fist. Blake stood up quickly and tried to push Yang away.
"What are you doing!?" Blake exclaimed.
"We can't trust her!" Yang stared me down.
"What are you talking about?" I questioned.
"Don't play dumb Rikka!" Yang dashed at me before she could get near a black rope-like thing wrapped around her. Yang turned to Blake and tried blasting at her. Blake ducked and  kicked Yang back against the wall.
"Rikka pin her arm to the wall." Blake ordered.
As Blake and I held Yang to the wall she started screaming bloody murder. Ruby and Weiss ran in seeing Yang pinned to the wall.
"What are you doing!" Weiss exclaimed.
Yang's eyes started to glow red and her face started turning pale. After a few moments I realized a Grimm took Yang's apperance. After the beast turned back to its regular for Blake slashed it's throat open. Ruby and Weiss both stood in shock trying to process what happened, but to be honest I can't blame them.
"So was Yang a Grimm this whole time?" Weiss questioned.
"No," Blake stated, "but I could tell something was up when she refused to get along with Rikka"
Ruby clenches her fists and looks at Blake.
"Whoever did this will pay." Ruby said in anger.
A few moments later Ruby stormed out and all we could do was just watch. The thing about Ruby is she rarely gets mad but when she does there's almost nothing that can actually calm her down.
"Maybe I should go check on her." Weiss said she she started to walk away. I put my hand on her shoulder and she looked back at me.
"Let the Eye of the Wicked Lord converse with her." I said.
Weiss nodded and I followed the path Ruby went. Once I found her I sat down beside her. Before I spoke Ruby threw her head into my chest and started crying. I hugged her back and tried my best to comfort her. Before I got powers I never thought I'd want to protect anyone, but now I want to make sure Ruby stays safe and I'll do everything I can to make sure that happens.

I stood in the field with Grimm rushing at me. Once they started getting even closer I clenched my fist.
"Reality rejected" I grip my eye patch.
"Synapsis shattered" I pull off my eye patch.
"Be banished" my eyes starts to glow.
"From this" A spear made of shadow forms in front of me.
"World." As the spear launches through at least 5 Grimm I grab my weapon and smack down a few more. I tried to form another spear but quickly realized I have a limit on what I can create. As a few more Grimm rushed at me I gripped my weapon tight and smashed each ones head into the ground killing them instantly. I fell to the ground out of breath as I put my weapon away.
"Workin' hard?" Ruby walked up smiling.
"The Eye of the Wicked Lord," I said trying to regain my breath, "works hardest."
Ruby giggled and held out her hand to help me up. Once I got up Ruby hugged me tight. I know what you're probably thinking and no she hasn't fallen in love with me or anything it's just that ever since we found out a Grimm was posing as Yang, Ruby only felt comfort in me. I didn't understand why but then again it made me happy to know that she felt safe clinging to me.
"Ruby" I said looking at her.
"Yes?" Ruby looked back at me.
"As the wielder of the Tyrant's Eye, I Wicked Lord Shingan will do everything in my power to keep you safe," I stated, "and I will retrieve your sister no matter the cost."
Ruby's smile grew bright as she hugged me tighter.
"Thank you Rikka." A tear slowly crept down her face. I nodded and hugged her back. No matter what happens I need to keep my word, even if it mean never returning home. Even if it means I'd never see him again. No. I need to do this not just for Ruby, but also for him. I need to do this for Yuuta.