Epilogue

2 months later...

Anne rushed into the sheriff's station, a letter clasped tightly in her hand.

"Edward!" she shouted, rushing up to him. Clara lay asleep in her buggy.

"Anne," Edward said, smiling. "What a lovely surprise."

He stepped toward her.

"Hello, Mrs. Wilmot, nice to see you again," said Jake.

"Hello, Jake," Anne said, smiling. Her eyes were bright.

"Edward, it came. The letter came."

She held it out to him. Edward stared at it then took it gently from her, as if it might break. He opened it and began to read.

"Well?" Anne asked excitedly. "Is it good news?"

Edward looked up, his smile widening. "Say hello to the new sheriff of Sacramento," Edward said.

"Oh, Edward!" Anne cried, throwing her arms around him. "California! Where will we live? What will I wear? I must inform my sisters."

"Hey," Edward said, grinning even wider at her. "Tell them they can come with us."

Anne's face went blank. "Are you serious?" she asked.

"Sure," he said. "No one knows us out there. A fresh start, remember? That doesn't mean giving up your family. After all, Clara needs her aunts and her grandmother."

Anne beamed at him. "I'll let them know right away. Gosh, I wonder what they'll say. California is so far from here."

"That's the idea," Edward told her. "A new life, remember?"

"A new life," she agreed. As long as they were together, Anne would follow Edward to the ends of the Earth.

"Maybe," Anne added tentatively, "in the future, once we're settled... Clara might like a little brother or sister to play with."

Edward beamed back at her. "Nothing would make me happier than to give her that," he said.

Clara opened her eyes just then and murmured something in her own special baby talk. Anne and Edward both took that as a sign of her agreement. "Thank God I met you when I did," Anne told him now.

"I thank him every day for you and Clara," Edward said. "Life sure would be dull without you."

"And my life would be as unfulfilling and unhappy as they come."

"Well, then," Edward said. "I guess it's a good thing we found each other."

"Guess so." She kissed him and Jake turned away, blushing. "See you for dinner," she said.

"See you then," he replied, and Anne walked away with a little smile on her face, for what Edward didn't know was that Anne had a little surprise for him. Clara would be getting that baby brother or sister sooner than he thought. She placed her hand against her stomach and grinned as she pushed Clara along. Life couldn't get any better.

* * *

THANK YOU

for reading this short book and I hope you have enjoyed the story.

This is Part One to : Mail Order Brides of Band of Sister Outlaws.

If you have enjoyed reading it, I believe you will be interested in checking out the full book 01 which is FREE.

Grab FREE Book 01 by clicking the EXTERNAL LINK below to see how the story ends.

(check out this image below here to locate where is the "External Link")