Prologue

Gwen's POV

My phone rang loudly like it was shouting on me to pick it up.
"Hello?" I said into the microphone. "Hello, is this Miss Gwendolyn West speaking?" The woman on the other line asked.
"Yes it is, who's calling?"
"This is the Police. Your fiance, Jordan Armstrong has been murdered." I fell to the floor.
"What!" I screamed into the phone.
"I am so sorry miss. We would like you to come down to the police station to help us find whoever did this." She said sympathetically.
"I'll be there soon." I said and hung up. I sat for 5 minutes saying nothing, doing nothing, thinking nothing. But a rage started bubbling inside me. A rage I had never felt before. Someone had killed my fiance...and I needed to know who.

Tom's POV

"The job's done Mr Holland." One of my hitmen said to me.
"Which job?" I asked as I poured myself a small glass of whiskey.
"Mr Armstrong, sir." I turned around sharply.
"You killed...Jordan ARMSTRONG? I TOLD YOU TO KEEP HIM ALIVE!" I shouted.
"Sir, you said...oh shit" One of the hitmen had realised what he had done. "Do you realise that you have murdered the fiance of the most well-known journalist in America? You're both fired. GET THE FUCK OUT!" They scattered out of the room like rats that had been caught stealing. I threw my glass to the floor and the crystal shattered across the room.
"Annie!" My assistant swiftly entered the room.
"Yes Mr Holland?" She asked innocently.
"Do we know anything about Gwendolyn West?" I asked her calmly as I attempted to slick back the hair that had fallen out of its hold.
"Would you like a report on her?" Annie asked.
"Yes please, by 9 tonight." I said as nice as I could. Annie nodded then shut the door behind her. I can tell already this Gwendolyn girl will be the death of me.