Chapter Nine

Gwen's POV

I can't believe we did that. I can't believe we did that. I can't believe we did that!  I thought non stop on my way to the office. How could I of let that happen? I hate him. He's a pig! He's a murderer! He's...so hot. Fuck no!
"Oh fuck." I said to myself as I saw Harrison and Tom in the office. They looked like they were having a serious conversation. I walked up to them.
"Tom I-"
"Shh." He held a finger up to shut me up. I stood back and watched them. They were watching something and listening to it through an earpiece. I peak over Tom's shoulder and the screen is filled with a bunch of numbers and random letters.
"It's code. There's been a threat." Annie said as she walked past me. Once the coding has finally stopped, they turn to me.
"Sorry Tom I-"
"Mr Holland you mean." He said and put his hands in his pockets.
"Uh, yeah sorry of course. Mr Holland, do you need me to get you anything or do anything?" I asked timidly. Tom wasn't the same as he was this morning. Oh man I fucked it up.
"You can get me and Harrison a coffee and then you're coming with us on the mission." He said.
"Okay." I gulped and hesitated and Tom looked at me like 'get the fuck out before anyone is suspicious'. I took the hint and left to the kitchen. Amelia was there thankfully.
"Can I get two coffees, one for Tom and one for Harrison please?" I asked her.
"Yeah of course. So, did you have a good workout this morning?" She smiled.
"Amelia I don't know why I did that! Why did I have to sleep with him?" I sighed.
"He's hot. I don't blame you. How's seeing him now?"
"So awkward. When I called him Tom he gave me the death stare and told me I can't call him that." I shook my head.
"Oof. Well trust me, he'll get over it. He's just showing off in front of everyone."
"I just can't let this become a thing. We slept together once. That's it."
"Why can't it be more?" Amelia asked as she sat the two coffees in front of me.
"Because I-" I shut myself up. She doesn't know who I actually am or why I'm here.
"I just don't want that getting in the way of my work." I lied and took the coffees.
"Fair enough. I'll come to your room tonight then?"
"Yeah, sounds great see you then." I smiled and went back up to the office. I handed Tom and Harrison they're coffee's.
"So what's this mission about?" I asked.
"We'll go somewhere private and talk about it." Harrison said as his hand touched the small of my back and escorted us out. I could feel Tom's eyes burning through me as Harrison's hand rested on my back. We entered a meeting room and we all sat down.
"The coded message we received this morning told us that some people have went to the MI6 about the mob. Now this is a code red situation. We've tracked the guys who ratted us out down and we're going to pay them a little visit." Tom smiled sinisterly.
"So why do I have to come?" I asked nervously. "Because you're Tom's assistant. You have to be with him whenever he needs you, and right now, we both need you."
"What am I supposed to do? Get you guys coffee's once you're done kicking the shit out of these random guys?"
"No, you'll be helping us interrogate them. And you might have to use a gun. But don't freak out, we have Harry and Sam as backup in case anything goes wrong." Harrison said. "Why can't they just do it? I've never interrogated anyone or kicked anyone's ass?" "Gwen, don't worry. We're all going to be there. We just want to test you on how you are in these situations." Tom said calmly.
"This wasn't in my fucking job description." I said nervously as I shot up out of my seat. "Gwen, if you want to keep this job and the safety of your loved ones lives, you'll do as I say." Tom said harshly. I gulped.
"Fine. When are we going?"
"As soon as possible. Tom and I are ready but you are not. We need to get you kitted out." Harrison smiled. I rolled my eyes.
"What like a catsuit?" I joked.
"A catsuit, a dress, anything you want really." Tom smirked.
"Oh fuck." I sighed.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had tight black leather trousers on with a black bulletproof bodysuit. I put on a leather jacket I found and then my black boots. I had never seen myself with this type of clothes on. I kind of liked it. There was a knock at the door. "Come in." I said.
"Hey I just have to give you your uh..." Tom walked in and stopped dead as he looked me up and down.
"Give me?" I prompted.
"Your uh, gun belt. I goes around you waist. There's a handgun in there and it's already loaded and on safety mode. There's extra bullets as well but I don't think you'll need them." Tom didn't look at me while he was talking. I took the belt out of his hand and strapped it around my waist.
"Well that's me ready." I said.
"Right yeah. Uh, you look...really hot." Tom said as he scratched the back of his head. "Thanks...Mr Holland." I whispered in his ear and walked past him.
"Let's go Harrison." I smiled. Harrison looked me up and down and nodded.
"Pleasure to be working with you Miss Foster." Harrison smirked.

We finally got to the sketchy apartments where these guys lived.
"You ready?" Tom asked before we got out of the car.
"As I'll ever be." I smiled nervously.
"You've got this." He smiled. I was aware of how close our faces were getting.
"Whatever you say Mr Holland." I joked.
"I like when you call me that." He smirked. I smiled and we both looked at each others lips then back into each others eyes. I leant in gently and kissed him. It was just a short, gentle kiss with no tongue. I pulled away and Toms mouth was still in a pouty face.
"I'm gonna need a sec to get over that one." He joked. *BANG* We ducked down.
"What was that?" I whispered.
"They must of seen the car." Tom said. He whipped out his gun from his jacket pocket and slowly got out of the car. I could hear the voices of multiple men laughing and joking around. "You got scared huh? That the secret agents were gonna come and arrest you all? Well, I don't think they'll have much luck when you're dead." One guy said. Tom stood up and there was a ton of shots fired from both sides. Then it went silent. I heard grunting in pain and someone suffocating. I got out of the car slowly and peered past. It was Harrison. He was shot and Tom was in a tight headlock and was suffocating. I got the gun out of my belt, took it off safety mode and stood up, surprising all the men that they all stopped what they were doing.
"Surprise." I smiled.