Chapter Five

{PART ONE}

Tom's POV

"Haz we've already fucked up the plan! There's no way she'll like me now."
"I can't believe out of all scenarios you thought that would make her want to be with you." Haz laughed.
"I thought she'd either get scared and come for me for comfort or she'd be a badass about it." I said as I slumped on my bed.
"What can I do to redeem this fastly?"
"Mate I don't know you've fucked up royally." I threw a pillow at Haz.
"You could plan a nice dinner? Not too fancy but not too casual and give her flowers and be apologetic and then she should start liking you." Haz suggested. I sat up.
"That's a great idea. Okay I'll get Annie to organise it." I lept out of bed and sprinted to the office to tell Annie the idea.

Gwen's POV

It was 6 o'clock and I could feel my stomach rumbling. I had already started the story on my laptop and I had written down my experience of the day. There was a knock at the door and I internally prayed that it would be dinner. I opened the door to...Harrison.
"What do you want?" I asked disappointed. "Tom would like to ask you for dinner." Harrison smiled.
"What just me and him? No thanks." I began to close the door but Harrison kept it open.
"He asked for you to dress nicely and to meet him outside on the balcony." Harrison said. "Harrison I said no,"
"Sadly, it's not a request." He tilted his head. I clenched my jaw.
"Fine. I'll be there in 30 minutes." I said and slammed the door.
"Okay what the hell do I wear to a dinner with a guy I don't want to date?" I said to myself.

I finally picked an outfit I liked. It was relatively warm outside so I chose a nice outfit.

I didn't want it to say 'date me' or 'we're on a date' or 'i want to date you'

I didn't want it to say 'date me' or 'we're on a date' or 'i want to date you'. It more said, 'we're just going out for dinner but I might give you a little sexiness just to see you try and decide what I'm thinking'. I put on some nude stilleto sandal heels then I grabbed my clutch and left my room. I walked to the end of the hall and turned left, heading toward the balcony when I saw tons of fairy lights. I walked closer and closer and the balcony was completely transformed. There were fairy lights every where. Even over the gazibo. Underneath the sky of lights, there was a single table that was set out elegantly with napkin swans placed on top of the plates. There was the jukebox I had spotted earlier fully awake and on in the corner of the large wood balcony. Then there was Tom. He had smart black trousers on with a white button down shirt that had the first two buttons undone. His curly locks were free of the gel that had been strictly keeping them hostage all day. They perfectly framed his face. He looked normal. He looked friendly. He looked...attractive.
"Gwen? Are you alright?" He asked. "Yes. I'm fine." I walked over and Tom pulled out the seat for me to sit on and once I did he gently tucked me in.
"How are you?" He asked.
"Well, still parshly traumatized. And still mad at you but I was hungry so that's why I'm here. Not for you." I said. He was looking at me funny.
"What?" I asked.
"You look beautiful." He smiled gently. My heart melted. Why did such a disgusting man make me feel so good?
"Thank you. This still doesn't make up for this morning." I clarified as I placed the napkin on my lap. "Of course not. White or red wine?" He asked.
"White please." I said. I tried my hardest not to look at him but it was so damn hard.

After our meal we sat and chatted for 15 minutes. We had talked about almost everything we could.
"So have you been seeing anyone recently?" Tom asked. My heart dropped. Oh...my...god. I had been so caught up in this that I hadn't even thought about Jordan once. In the month between me sending my resume to Tom to actually starting, I had grieved Jordan. I planned the funeral with his family, I cried every night over him. Then I cleared out all his stuff, moved to a fucking mob leader's house then forgot all about him.
"Gwen? You okay?" Tom asked.
"Sorry. Yes. I've just come out of a really serious relationship." I said casually.
"Oh. We don't have to talk about it." Tom said. "Thanks." I smiled. Tom put his scrunched napkin on his plate then stood up. He came to my side of the table and held his hand out. "Let's dance."

{PART TWO} (You can use the music at the top of the chapter)

"Let's dance." Tom said with kind eyes. I debated for a moment but eventually I gave him my hand. We walked over to the vintage jukebox in the corner.
"This is all jazz and swing music? I love jazz and swing!" I said excitedly.
"You do? I love it too, that's so funny." He chuckled.
"Can I pick a song?" I asked eagerly.
"Of course." He nodded. I traced my finger over the songs I loved, trying to decide which one to pick. I settled on 'Chicago' by Frank Sinatra.
"Very good choice." Tom grinned as he held his hand out and we walked to the empty part of the balcony where he had cleared for a dance floor while the intro played. When all the instruments came in at the start Tom clasped our hands together and grabbed my waist and pulled me into him in time to the music. 'Chicago, Chicago that toddlin' town,'. We swayed to the upbeat music and he twirled me under his arm every so often.
"You're a good dancer." Tom said. I noticed how beautiful his eyes were - they were chocolate coloured and friendly looking, ha if only that was true I thought to myself. 'They have the time, the time of their life,' Tom spun me out.
"That's not all I'm good at." I blurted. 'I saw a man he danced with his wife,' Tom spun me back in so my back was facing his chest and we side stepped for a couple of seconds. 'You lose the blues in Chicago, Chicago' Tom moved the hair away from my neck again and whispered, "Oh I bet." I slowly turned around to face him. He put my arms around his neck while his hands went back to my waist.
"So am I forgiven?" Tom asked. I pettily laughed,
"Of course not Tom. You made me kill someone against my own will. You're still an asshole to me." Tom frowned.
"But what about the nice dinner and the dancing?"
"Tom, I'm not a child. You don't win back my loyalty. You earn it." I said firmly.
"Note taken." He smirked and twirled me under his arm. He kept twirling me and when I stopped I stumbled and fell out of Tom's grasp. My heel got caught in a gap on the floor and I fell onto my knees. Tom was laughing as he attempted to lift me up but my heel was still stuck.
"Pull it harder!" Tom laughed.
"I am! I'm pulling it hard!" I firmly said back. "That's what she said." Tom said under his breath.
"You're not helping!" I hit him playfully, he kept laughing.
"This isn't funny!"
"Yes it is." Tom laughed. I pushed him away and undid the buckle of both my heels so I was set free. I stared at Tom like I was mad and he ran away like a little boy.
"Scaredy cat!" I laughed as I ran after him. "Ow!" I yelped as my foot caught a splinter from the wood floor.
"You're not doing well tonight are you?" Tom said with a scrunched face as he watched me hop around cradling my foot.
"It hurts!" I complained.
"Right, jump." Tom turned his back to me and squatted a little.
"You're not suggesting a piggy-back are you?" I said as I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "Just jump." Tom said.
"You're the leader of the most dangerous mob in the world and you just asked your personal server if she wants a piggy-back." I giggled as I walked closer to him.
"In fact, this whole night has been very unprofessional."
"How so?" Tom smirked as we came face-to-face.
"This is basically a date. A nice dinner, some dancing. This is a date Mr Holland." I said seductively as our noses brushed. His hand found his way from my thigh to my butt, then resting on my hips.
"And what if it was a date Miss Foster?" Tom bit his lip and gripped my hips. I paused and wrapped my fingers around his shirt collar, bringing his lips close to mine.
"Then I'd have to say...that that is highly inappropriate." I pushed him away and walked away, swaying my hips. I picked up both my heels successfully from the wood floor and left Tom alone on the balcony.