Chapter Sixteen

"Makeup wise, what do you want?" Amelia asked.
"I don't know...just nothing extravagant okay?" I said, wary that she is still a teenager. "Nothing heavy because the dress is the main focal point." I said.
"Okay. Let's do this." She smiled and began my face makeup.

I spinned around to look at myself in the mirror.
"Amelia! This is gorgeous!" My makeup was done perfectly and my dark hair delicately flowed in gentle waves down my back, nearly reaching my butt.

"What's the time?" I asked as I took the dress out of the bag.
"Shit." Amelia said.
"What? What do you mean shit?" I said.
"It's nearly 5..."
"WHAT?" I grabbed my phone. It was 16:48. "We have 12 minutes." I said.
"Well, let's get moving!" Amelia said. I carefully placed my feet in the dress and then my arms.
"Okay now suck in!" Amelia said. I held in all my air and went on my tip-toes. The zip glided up perfectly and I breathed again.
"Well...I won't be eating tonight!" I said. "Shoes!" She opened the Louboutin box and carefully took out the shoes.
"These are gorgeous oh my god!" She marveled as she carefully brought them over to me.
"Lift the tulle up!" I said. She lifted the tulle skirt up and I cautiously placed my feet into them.
"These are so gorgeous but are soooo going to hurt." I laughed.

"My clutch! I need my lipstick, my perfume - oh perfume!" I said.
"I'll get it! Which one?" Amelia asked.
"Daisy Marc Jacobs!" We were shouting louder and louder the closer we got to 5 o'clock. I shoved the lipstick and my phone in the clutch. "Here! Walk." Amelia said and sprayed the air. I walked through the mist. She handed it to me and I took it and put it in my bag.
"Gun?" She asked. I took a deep breath.
"Do you think I'll need it?" I asked.
"Just in case. It's a huge event." She said.
I sighed, "Get my thigh strap and my gun please." She grabbed them from the safe. I lifted my skirt up and Amelia strapped the belt around my thigh and placed the gun in the holster.
"You good to go now?" Amelia asked. I got a text.

Tom: We're out on the steps x

"Let's go." I smiled. I grabbed my bag and my shawl and we started walking down the hallway to the lift. Amelia grabbed the train of it as we got in.
"I'm so excited. I'll text you if anything happens." I said. My heart was beating out of my chest.
"Okay. I'll walk you down the steps though because you can hardly walk in them normally." Amelia laughed as we exited the lift and walked to the door.
"You ready?" She asked.
"I feel like I'm about to walk down the aisle." I giggled nervously and shook my hair to the back.
"Okay, let's go." The doormen opened the double doors and I saw Tom at the bottom of the steps, leaning against the limo with his full suit on with a bow-tie.
"Yup...I love him...I really do." I said as we locked eyes.

Tom's POV
"Holy..." The doors opened and there she was. Gwen. Standing at the top of the stairs looking unreal. How did I have her? Why would she want me? She's so gorgeous. So beautiful. I can't take my eyes off of her.
"Jesus..." Harrison said.
"I love her." I said. I could see Haz smile at the side of me then he got in the limo. She walked down the stairs slowly but surely, the train of her dress following closely behind. The warm breeze gently blew her perfect, long hair away from her face and she giggled cutely as she hit the bottom step. She hugged Amelia goodbye and then faced me.
"Hi." She smiled and blushed. I'd never seen her so cute before. She was beautiful and part of me wanted to rip the dress off of her but she was so cute. She was a little awkward and nervous but so fucking cute.
"Hi. You look so beautiful." I said and held my hand out for her to take.
"So do you." She smiled and gave me her hand. I kissed her knuckles and lead her to the car door. The driver opened it for her and I helped her in, lifting the train of her dress in.

Gwen's POV
We got to the gala and we all got out the car. Harrison wrapped his arm around my left arm and I wrapped my right arm around Tom's and we walked up the red carpeted stairs. We got inside and it was the most fanciest thing I had ever seen. The high ceiling was filled by chandeliers, making sparkles across the room. There were circles surrounding the huge dance floor and there were extravagant flowers everywhere.
"Jeez, this place is huge." I said, marveling at my surroundings.
"Yeah it's crazy, isn't it. Oh thats our table!" Tom waved to a group of people. There was Sam, Harry a smaller boy and a man and a woman.
"Tom who are they?" I asked, clutching his bicep as we strode across the dancefloor to the table.
"It's my brothers and my Mum and Dad." He smiled.
"I'm meeting your family right now?" I whisper shouted.
"Yeah...but you've already met two of my brothers." He shrugged. I pulled him to the side.
"You have another brother?" I asked.
"Yeah," He laughed. "Gwen don't freak out! I promise, they'll love you." He nodded. "Okay...okay yeah I can do this." And we continued our walk to the table. All that was running through my mind was: YOU ARE ABOUT TO MEET A MOB LEADER'S PARENTS AND FAMILY. ABORT MISSION! ABORT MISSION! CALL 911 ALREADY AND GET THEM BUSTED- "Hi! It's so lovely to meet you all!" I said over-confidently as soon as we hit the table. They all got up.
Should I like bow? No. Don't do that.
"Hi, I'm Nikki, it's wonderful to meet you." She held my arms and kissed both my cheeks. She seemed nice.
"Hi Gwen, Dom, nice to meet you." He just shook my hand firmly. He seemed scary but...okay.
"I'm Paddy." The younger boy waved at me from across the table.
"I'm Gwen." I smiled and waved back.
"And I know you two." I laughed, referring to the twins.
"Well, take a seat!" Nikki gestured to the seat next to her. Tom opened it for me and I sat down with Nikki on my right and Tom on my left.
"You look absolutely gorgeous might I say." She leant in.
"Oh thank you so much, and you do too!"
"Is Tom taking care of you? Sometimes he can be neglectful, especially with work right now." Nikki asked, clutching my forearm.
"Mum I'm right here." Tom laughed.
"Go and get some drinks, we need to have a girls chat." Nikki said to Tom, then looked back at me.
"Your usual?" Tom asked me.
"Yes please." I said. He kissed my cheek then left to the bar.
"I have to say that Tom is such a wonderful guy and I-"
"Gwendolyn." She said. I froze.
"Sorry?" I said, panicking.
"Gwendolyn West." She repeated.

Oh fuck.