Chapter Twenty

"Tom stop I'm fine I can wheel myself to the toilet." I laughed as Tom grabbed the handles of my wheelchair.
"You sure? I can walk along side you incase you need anything?" He said eagerly.
"Tom...I'm fine don't worry." I smiled and started wheeling out of his room that we now shared. I went to the bathroom and shifted onto the toilet.
My life was so weird now. I couldn't walk so I had to be wheeled everywhere. Tom went from 'you're so fucking hot I wanna fuck you 24/7' to 'I love you so much, do you need anything?' And as much as I love sweet and romantic Tom, it's been 3 months and two weeks since I've had sex and/or been on a date. I finished the toilet and came back into the room.
"We ready to go?" I asked Tom. He nodded and grabbed my training bags and he wheeled me to the lift and out into the car. Tom now drove me everywhere with a security team tagging behind us because he was very protective and wary now. We got to the physio therapist centre and Tom helped me out of the car. We went inside and checked in and a nurse brought us through to the gym where I got changed and we started my exercises.
"Good! You're doing really good! You've obviously been doing these exercises I gave you religiously." My trainer, Eleanor said.
"I'm just desperate to get back to normal again, I guess." I smiled and continued the exercise. "Now about that," She handed me a towel and I sat back down.
"Life isn't going to go back to normal as soon as you're able to walk. With your job's as FBI agents on the field," That was Tom and I's cover story.
"It's going to take a lot of exercising and mental help to get you through this. You will still have pain in your legs, you might have periods where the feel like they feel right now. Also, seeing Tom working will make you feel agitated and like you have to join in but you can't until you are 100% recovered." She explained.
"So once I can walk, I still won't be able to work?" I asked. She shook her head.
"Unless I or your GP says so." I sighed.
"This is going to be harder than I thought." I tilted my head back.
"You'll get through it. I mean you're a fighter. Everyone knows that." Tom said and rubbed my back.
"And clearly you have a great support team." Eleanor smiled.
"Can I get some fresh air?" I asked.
"Of course." Eleanor smiled and Tom started to wheel me outside.
"You okay?" Tom asked as the door shut.
"No! No I'm not because I won't be able to work in ages. I won't be able to fucking walk until a while and I won't get back to normal for months!" I held my head in my hands.
"Gwen don't worry, you're getting better and better every day." He said.
"For fuck sake, Tom." I threw my hands up. "What? What, are you mad that I'm trying to make this better for you?" He asked.
"No of course I'm not I'm mad because you're being too fucking nice!" I said.
"You're angry because I'm being too ncie, wow I've never heard that before." He put his hands on his hips.
"Tom, you insist on being with me 24/7! And if you aren't there, Haz is, or Sam or Harry are, or Amelia! Or random security people! I haven't been alone in 2 weeks. I wake up and you're there. I get all my meals made for me. People always have to wheel me everywhere. Everyone's just being extra nice to be because they think I'm a sick person! I'm not! I'm fine!" I hung my head.
"I don't need you babysitting me constantly." I said. Tom scoffed and leant against the hand rail.
"Don't scoff Tom. I'm telling you what I want. What I need." I crossed my arms.
"Well guess what! You're not the only person who was affected by this! All of my family are scared all the fucking time and I have to be the one to reassure them. And guess what, Gwen. I sat next to you until they had to kick me out every single fucking night for three fucking months in the hospital! Every fucking day I was there. I held your hand, and I cried and I told you what I did that day and it made me physically hurt when I went home to know that you weren't there with me." He shouted.
"I know your life is fucking terrible right now and I know that it sucks big time but guess what. You knew from the start how long this recovery would take. You have to be patient and let people do shit for you every once in a while cause you can't." He paused.
"I have to take care of you. I have to take care of my family and friends and I need to take care of myself."
"I know, I know." I opened my arms. He hugged me tightly.
"I can't lose you again, Gwen." He said into my hair.
"You won't." I stroked his hair.
"I'm sorry." I said.
"It's okay." He kissed my shoulder.

We went home and had dinner. Then we snuggled up in bed and watched Gossip Girl for the a millionth time.
"Hey we never really talked about our argument." Tom said. I paused the TV.
"Should we?" I asked.
"Probably." We both sat up and faced each other.
"So, the day your fiance was killed, my guys were supposed to get a guy with the last name Armstrang. They mixed it up, they were never supposed to kill him." Tom said.
"Wow. What was Jordan doing with you?" I asked.
"Dealing drugs." Tom scruched his face awkwardly.
"Oh...that's new informtion." I laughed.
"But then he cut us off when you guys got engaged."
"Well, I guess that's good." I smiled.
"Tom I didn't mean the 'I hate you' stuff. I'm so sorry I said that. I was just so angry that you could have done that but I know that that was before we actually knew each other." I said. "You had every right to say that. Before you I was a stone cold asshole. But now I'm a clingy asshole." He laughed.
"I like you being clingy...to an extent." I laughed.
"I do have a question for you though, how did you find us out?" Tom asked.
"Two guys came to my apartment and asked if I was Gwendolyn West, I said no because they looked shady. They asked about Jordan and then left."
"They said that you weren't Gwendolyn oh my god." He laughed.
"Then I followed them outside and I saw the registration plate of the car they were in. I went back upstairs and looked through Jordan's emails, found an email from you that had details of the car in it. Then I searched your initials up and bam. I found you." I said.
"No wonder you were such a good journalist." He laughed. The phone rang next to Tom and he picked it up.
"Hey Haz." I couldn't hear Harrison speaking but going by Tom's face, something was wrong. "I'll be right there." He hung up.
"What's wrong?" I asked. Tom frantically put clothes on and kissed me on the cheek.
"There might be a small...red alarm BUT! It's fine. I love you, get some sleep!" He said and rushed out the door before I could protest.