Chapter Fourteen

Tom's POV - 1 month later

"Okay, the plan with Gwen has slightly...derailed a bit." I started at the family meeting as I began the audio tape.
"How do we get back into it?" Harrison asked sarcastically with a sly smirk on his face. He knows I actually like her.
I shot him a death stare, "Well, there's a gala on Saturday night. Usually it would just be mum and dad going but I was thinking all of us should go. It's a huge event, and she could get dressed up and feel special, blah, blah, blah." I explained.
Dad nodded, "Okay, I'll get everyone some tickets. But that is two days away, you'll need to get a suit fitted and a dress made for her too."
"And that's why we're visiting Anna today." I smiled.
"Great! Okay, see you later then." Mum said. We all got up from the table and went our sperate ways. Harrison walked next to me with Annie following loosely behind.
"Can you please just act like you don't know about me and Gwen." I rolled my eyes.
"Bro you two are like...a thing. And you're both lying to each other! And I can't tell anyone!" He exclaimed.
"Haz you can talk to Harry and Sam about it." I said as we turned into the office.
"I don't care I feel like I need to tell Gwen-" "Tell Gwen what?"

Gwen's POV

"Tell Gwen what?" I asked Haz and Tom as they came into the office.
"That we are going to a gala on Saturday!" Tom said excitedly.
"Wait really!"
"Uh huh, and we're going to go and get you a dress fitted today!" He said.
"Oh my god! This is crazy when are we going?" I asked enthusiastically and I grabbed onto Tom's arm.
"As soon as possible! Get your bag and let's go!" Tom said. He was acting weird. It was like he was panicking or if he was flustered.
"Okay, give me a minute. Meet me in the lobby?" I asked and started walking away. "Meet you there." He winked and I left. I grabbed my bag and went into the lobby. Tom and I got in our usual car and we went to a fancy designer.
"Hello Tom! How are you darling?" The woman asked as she embraced Tom. She was about 50, she had blonde hair that was tied up and she wore a gorgeous red dress.
"And who is this?" She asked Tom, referring to me.
"This is Gwen. She works for me. We're going  to the gala on Saturday now so she needs a stunning dress." He said. I held my hand out, "It's lovely to meet you." I smiled and shook her hand.
"I'm Anna, nice to meet you too. Now are you staying, Tom?" She asked.
"Do you want me to stay?" Tom asked me. "Maybe I'll keep the dress a surprise." I smirked.
He grinned, "Sounds good to me. I'll pick you up in an hour?" He said as he embraced me briefly and kissed my cheek.
"See you then." I smiled and he left the shop. "So are you two just working together?" Anna asked with a smirk.
I laughed, "Not just colleagues." I said. She took my handbag and jacket off of me.
"Well, I think you need a stunning dress to make him gawp at you, eh? Now if you stand here for me, I can get your measurements." I stood on a small circle platform in front of three mirrors.
"You have a gorgeous figure. I feel like I've seen you before, how long have you been working with Tom?" Oh she's seen one of my articles oh shit oh shit!
"Around 2 months now." I said, hoping she would just drop it.
She shrugged, "I've met so many people I never know these days." She chuckled. I sighed with relief.
"Okay, I've got your measurements," She wrote them down.
"Now it's time to design a dress! Do you have any idea what you would like? The gala is fairytale themed - bearing in mind." I didn't know that...why wouldn't Tom tell me that? "Honestly, I have no clue." I admitted.
"With your skin tone and your eyes, I think blue would look amazing. Maybe some Cinderella inspiration?"
"Oh that would be amazing! How fancy are these things?" I asked.
"Very prestigious. All dresses are floor length, there's tulle everywhere and sequins in every spot imaginable. Do you want a ballgown or a simple straight dress?" She asked.
"I mean...if we're going Cinderella I think a ballgown is only appropriate." I smiled.
"Thank god!" She clapped her hands. She went into the backroom and brought out some fabrics.
"I think we should have a satin underskirt then a bunch of tulle on top. Then for the bodice we could have 3D flowers on the top. I think an off-the-shoulder neckline would look gorgeous! Oh!" She ran back into the fabric room and brought out a thin tulle fabric.
"We could have...puff sleeves!" She said excitedly.
"Oh my god thank you so much for this! This already sounds beautiful!" I said.
"I've been waiting to do a dress like this my whole life! Yes, it might be rushed for time but I'd stay up all night for this!" She smiled. And I was as excited as she was.

Friday night
"Hi Anna!" I said as I came into the shop with Annie.
"Hello! How are you? You excited to see your dress?" She asked.
"I'm so excited! So will I take it home tonight for tomorrow?" I asked, walking through to the changing room.
"Yes, but do not let Tom see it okay?" She said. I got behind the dresser and took off my clothes.
"Here's the dress! Be careful!" She said and passed it to me. I didn't look in the mirror as I put it on. I put my arms through the sleeves and Anna just had to zip me up.
"Zip time?" Anna asked. I nodded. She zipped me up. It was really tight but I was glad because that meant I didn't have to wear spanks.
"Are you ready to see?" She brought me out to the platform. I closed my eyes and stepped up. "Open your eyes." Anna said. I opened my eyes. "Holy shit." I said aloud.
"Gwen you look stunning!" Annie said. I looked at myself. Who was I? A big princess dress? I loved it!
"Anna I'm speechless! This is gorgeous!" I fluffed the tulle skirt and swayed.
"It's so beautiful!" Anna was looking at the dress closely.
"A belt!" She said in an ah-ha kind of way. She brought a silver beaded belt and wrapped it around my waist.
"Wow..." Anna, Annie and I all said in unison. "Tom is going to love this." Annie smiled. Oh my god...I was so excited for tomorrow night.

I was so excited for tomorrow night