The Bigger Bitch

Brittany's POV

I ran inside my room as fast as I could. My mind was still processing what I had just witnessed.

I just slammed the door behind me and didn't even bother switching the light on. I simply went and lay down on my bed, and started thinking.

It was.... shocking to say the least. Not necessarily bad, though.

Sure I felt slightly weird that I had just seen my best friend kissing her ex-boyfriend, who she hadn't seen in like a year or so, but strangely I knew that whatever I saw wasn't intentional.

I was just a little over-whelmed by the weirdness of the whole situation.

She never hid anything from me! She always told me what was going on in her life. Always.

A part of me knew that the only reason she could have of not telling me, was that she didn't know what to tell.

She probably would have told me when she was sure of what was going on.

I know that. I know my best friend, and I know that it was probably not that big of a deal. If she had planned anything, she would have told me.

After giving myself that small pep-talk, I started wondering why Natasha still wasn't upstairs yet.

What was going on down there?

Why wasn't she back yet?

After a short while, I heard footsteps. Natasha had come back up, but I knew her well enough to know that she would avoid this confrontation for as long as possible.

I wasn't going to make this easy on her ofcourse... what fun would that be?

I smirked to myself and started planning how I was going to make tomorrow a very interesting day.

With that, I felt my eyelids get heavy, and surrendered myself to unconsciousness.

..........................................

The next morning, I jumped out of bed, and quickly got dressed. After throwing on a casual shirt with denim shorts, I rushed downstairs.

I was in high spirits this morning.

To my disappointment, Natasha hadn't come downstairs yet. Neither had Vanessa.

I realized with a shock that I was ready at just 7:15. Which meant the others wouldn't be down till another 15 minutes.

I busied myself in making pancakes for breakfast.

Wow, they would certainly get a surprise when they came downstairs. Me, Brittany, Brittany Ward was making breakfast.

To kill time, I started humming a Taylor Swift song.

I finished the pancakes and had to wait another 5 minutes before I heard noises coming from upstairs.

Natasha entered the kitchen, with a sheepish smile.

"Hi" she said awkwardly.

"Hey", I chirped, and gave her a huge grin.

The look on her face was so hilarious; I had to resist the temptation of laughing.

Vanessa followed.

"Hey guys", she said quietly. I instantly knew she was tense about something. Although I had known her long enough to know not to ask what was wrong.

Right now, I was thinking about how I should say something about last night without actually giving anything away to Vanessa.

I mean sure I was going to tease Natasha, but no way was I going to tell something she didn't want anyone to know! Despite what anyone might think, I am a good friend.