Part 4 past life

I can finally break off the engagement and follow my heart at least in my love life.

So finally found my love genovia Manchester, she was still in the same city but just had changed her job. The main reason I had liked her is because she treated me like her friend and even though she didn't know my background she treated me well.

Genovia is a kindhearted and sweet girl, because of accident she lost her parents, and has to work on her own to maintain her life. Unlike the others she never took shortcuts and was hard working. And she was beautiful too like an angel out of painting.

But when I saw her again she had changed, I knew something must have happened. She wasn't the same person; she had changed from an innocent bubbly and sweet girl to someone cold, aloof and fierce.

I thought she must have led a quiet and good life unlike me but the facts proved otherwise. She was guarded against everyone including me, to make things work I had to earn her trust once again, it seems.

Just when I thought that I can find solace in her. It seems like that we both have wounds to lick and to treat. And it was really an arduous to become friends with her once again. But then again we were good enough to visit restaurants, and talk about daily life, she hadn't changed much I was relieved.

Slowly she opened up to me, and then only I found that her parents were researchers and they worked under the facility research institute X.

And their death doesn't seem like accident. She was sure of it but she can't do anything about it. And also she told me that knight's family seems to be hunting her down due to something related to her parents. That is the reason, why she has to change places and hideaway. Now she is a barista at a café which she has opened herself, with some investment from others.

Everything was apparently right, till last week when she looked for me in a really bad condition, her hair deshelved and she was chased by someone. And I saved her then when I tracked them down it all lead to my current fiancée clarie.

I was shocked but it was the only explanation because she was the only one who can control those guards under the Knightingale Corporation other than me. I was disappointed and I went to ask her about what the hell are all of these about.

She was calm when listening to all these. She opened her mouth once I finish talking "Are you sure that I chased after her, do you really believe that she can be going on her life scot free if I was the one after her. After all the while you were with me, when have you seen me this much inefficient? Hmm... And one more thing how are you so sure that she is not innocent. I doubt your decision making skills now." Sighing "seems like I have to report to Jacob"

I was livid she was talking like as if I am the one who is wrong "what are you trying to tell. I asked you to give an explanation not give an lecture. How could you talk about my friend like that? Are you doing this so I won't call off the engagement?"

Clarie "calm down first as the next head you have to stay calm and analyze the situation clearly, you are so sure that I hurt her, and ignoring the other possibility. If I am not the culprit and you get satisfied that you have done well. What do you think will happen, the real one will be out in the city and you will be giving him extra opportunity. Get it into that brain of yours that I am more than happy to cancel the engagement, but not with the price of you ruining everything I had done for your management"

I know she was angered, after all she did for me I accused her but she was in the wrong too. She should have explained to me properly. Forget it," I am sorry but I want to protect her, she is a good friend of mine. So help me tract down who was trailing her."I compromised because I know I still don't have the complete control over the employees and department.

Then when the result of investigation came it was the same, but the reason was different. It was really Claire's order to track her down but, it was not Genovia but, the people who may be connected to my brother's death.

She remembered to follow up the investigation while I put it to the back of my mind I am so horrible.

I had to make up for it.

And I need to know what  was the reason behind my brother's death.